1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NC State

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Franchise, Jan 1, 2009.

1. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

After watching the Clemson game today I can not figure out for the life of me why Trevor Ferguson sees the floor. I've never seen him do anything positive. Everytime I watch him play he's jacking up bricks or having his defender blow by him

2. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

VERY NUMB to NC State basketball. Haven't felt this way since Herbs 5th year(When I called for his dismissal)Still for the life of me can't figure out how THIS IS BETTER.

3. wolfpac

wolfpac Full Access Member

Sadly, the only hope we can have at this point is that Lorenzo Brown is legit. There are decent pieces there (Johnny Thomas, Tracy Smith, CJ Williams, Julius Mays in particular) and next year's recruiting class is very strong but we really need Brown to be a legit PG.

Going to be a long year given our guard play. At this point, I say play Mays and let Degand back him up. Mays is definitely nowhere near a Lawson or Teague but he plays under control and at least gives us a chance in our half-court offense. I was hoping for 6 ACC wins coming into the year but sorta saw FSU at home as one of those wins. Complete collapse tonight at the end.

4. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

11 ACC losses in a row. Uncharted waters even in the Les years. And somebody again remind me how bad our program was under the previous coach. :bigcry:

5. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

Yep. When Degand commited 3 straight turnovers, then a foul on the next FSU possession in the second half, I wanted to reach through the TV and slaughter him. The kid isn't qualified to play at the YMCA.

6. wolfpac

It wasn't bad but it wasn't very good either. It was an above average program but wasn't ever going to really become much more. It had pretty much plateaued at a bubble NCAA team most years.

Regardless, Herb took an offer from Arizona State and I am glad he is doing well. I think he took some of his failures at NCSU (lack of a PG, stagnant offense, etc.) and corrected them at Arizona State.

I'm willing to give Lowe a chance to truly get his guys into the program before I really evaluate where he is at. It was Herb's guys who were turning the ball over in the final 5 minutes and shooting insane 3 balls. It was Lowe's guys (Mays, Williams, Thomas, Smith) that actually kept us in the game prior to that.

7. wolfpac

That was Gonzalez and man, that was just an awful stretch about mid-way through. The one thing I worry about with Lowe is that his substitution pattern just seems strange and tough to figure out. You have Mays playing better than either of the guards and yet he leaves Gonzalez out there through that stretch. Go with Mays and let Degand back him up. That's your best chance to me.

8. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

I think though the recruits are going to figure out that Lowe can convince them to come in but he can't coach a lick....and in the end you will lose more big time recruits than you gain. Lowe wasn't the answer, NCState settled and after next year, you will be searching again...IMO.

9. wolfpac

Lowe will definitely be given at least two more years and allow the Lorenzo Brown and CJ Leslie/Harrow classes to come in. If he doesn't do anything with those classes, we will be looking again for sure.

10. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

would've been nice for Sidney to get Derrick Favors. Not getting him means John Wall won't come as well (that's what Wall says)