1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

my league: week 1 (with scoring so you can see how we do it)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Forum' started by LarryD, Sep 10, 2006.

1. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

here's who we started. me on the left. him on the right:

----------------QUARTERBACK---------------
    Bledsoe (@ JAX) ------ Palmer (@ KC)

174 Total Yards 126
    16 Completions 13
    48.48 Completion Percentage 68.42
    1 Touchdowns 0

By some fluke, I won three of the four categories. Neither of us got any bonus points (no 300-yard games or TDs of 50+ yards). We get two points for each category, so after scoring the quarterbacks, the score is:

LORDS 6, CRUNCH 2

---------------RUNNING BACK---------------
    Jackson (v DEN) ------- Johnson (@ KC)
    Johnson (v CIN) ------- Williams (v BAL)

17+22=39 Carries 28+8=36
    68+121=189 Rushing Yards 96+22=118
    5+4=9 Catches 1+5=6
    80+19=99 Receiving Yards 7+25=32

I know i'm going to have a good year at RB. Larry Johnson let me down on the rushes/carries, but made up for it with a few good catch-and-runs. I'll win 90% of the time if i put up these numbers each week. Rudi Johnson got a manload of carries, but couldn't crack 100 yards. Cadillac was stuck in neutral, but did manage five catches, which is very good. Even still, I swept all four categories. and picked up a bonus point with Jackson's 100-yard game. So, after sccoring the running abcks, the score is:

LORDS 15, CRUNCH 2

---------------WIDE RECEIVER---------------
    Boldin (v SF) ---------- Driver (v CHI)
    Burress (v IND) ------- Mason (@ TB)
    Johnson (v PHI) ------- R.Smith (@ STL)

4+6=10 Catches 7+4+3=14
    62+101=163 Yards 96+50+34=180
    16.3 Yards Per Catch 12.8

We can't score this category yet. I've still got Plaxico going tonight. all i need out of him is at least five catches and 18 yards to win the catches and yards. I don't see him bringing down my YPC. In fact, I'd take one catch for 18 yards and call it a night with two categories secured. Andre Johnson got me a bonus point with his 100-yard game, so without being able to add the wide receiver categories, the score is:

LORDS 16, CRUNCH 2

-------------------KICKER---------------------
    Rackers (v SF) ------- Elam (@ STL)
    10 Total Points 4

I watched the Arizona game. Rackers will put up a lot of points this year. No bonus-point kicks, though. After the kickers, the score is:

LORDS 18, CRUNCH 2

------------------DEFENSE---------------------
    Carolina (v ATL) ------ Jacksonville (v DAL)
    385 Yards Allowed 323
    1 Turnovers/Sacks 5

Blech. The Panthers played like ass today and Jacksonville looked tough. I'll give him these two. After scoring the defenses, it stands:

LORDS 18, CRUNCH 6

Now, we add up the total points scored by all of our players and give the team with the highest total an extra two points.

LORDS:
    Bledsoe --- 6
    Jackson --- 0
    Johnson --- 0
    Boldin ----- 6
    Burress --- ?
    Johnson --- 0
    Rackers --- 10
    Panthers -- 0
    -----------------
    TOTAL ---- 22

CRUNCH:
    Palmer ----- 0
    Williams --- 0
    Johnson ---- 6
    Driver ------ 0
    Mason ------ 0
    R.Smith ---- 0
    Elam --------4
    Jaguars----- 0
    -----------------
    TOTAL ----- 10

So, I get the two points for the category. Until Plaxico's numbers are all in, the score stands:

LORDS 20, CRUNCH 6

I've got a chance to sweep the categories, which would put the score at 26-6, in my favor. If Burress breaks 100 yards it would be 27-6 -- a rout in any league. Plaxico could break his leg, but i'd still win the YPD category, so the score would be 22-10 -- still a whipping.

So, no matter what happens with Plaxico, after Week 1 the LORDS OF DISCIPLINE are 1-0. Which sucks only in that it moves me down the list for waiver-wire pickup claims. :(

2. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

final score

LORDS 24, CRUNCH 6

plaxico was 4-80 last night with a TD. the four catches left us tied in the receptions category (so neither of us gets the two points). i had lots more yards, so i won yards and YPC. that gave me four points for the receivers.

w00t!