1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

mVm

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by BigMark, Feb 11, 2002.

1. BigMark

BigMark Guest

I haven't heard much from you since the end of the season. What are you looking for hte Panthers to do in the off season? What do you see us doing with #2? Any surprise Free agents out there, or any shocker cuts? Just wanted your two cents, or anyone else's for that matter.

2. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Mark even Magnus is stuck on this one... I bet he's still in the waiting stages... once the expansion draft is complete I think he'll start throwing out some ides... me personally I still want to see us lose Donald Hayes and bring in Az-Zahir Hakim... some would complain he may drop too much... but regardless he and Hayes would both be demanding similar salaries... and I think he's an upgrade to Hayes and he provides open field speed we desperately need

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I wouldn't complan about anything Hakim does because we don't need him.

The draft? I'm starting to lean in the direction of Peppers despite the gung ho Carolina people.

4. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

hakim is an older steve smith, right?

i'm still up in the air on the 1st pick. i'm not going to settle on anything until it's all layed out on the table draft week. my appetite an swing too much between now and the feast to nail down the menu right now.

5. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

Hakim is a product of being on a good team. Put him on the Panthers and he will be just another fumbling player.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

basically. Hakim has good speed, and can be used well, but how are we going to pay starter's money to a 3rd WR who doesn't have the advantage of being used only in his best situations? How are we going to justify signing a guy whose greatest asset is being one of the best combination returners in the league, when his match is already here?

hakim would make an interesting 2nd/3rd for someone. I think he could break out in the right situation. That situation isn't here. Tampa, for instance, would be killer if they put together a good O for their talent.

7. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

fair enough I'll accept that analysis but who what do we do with our WR??? We need a deep threat... Hayes just doesn't have the mark of a playmaker... Muhammed had drop ball syndrom last year (whic I'll admit could be worked out now that Williamson is return to sole WR duties) but who is number 2??? Do we bring Hayes back?? Has Jeffers lost a step??? I'm not being argumentative I'm seriously curious who you guys think would fit...

8. blueblood1

blueblood1 Guest

I think the wide receivers on this team are average at best. I would like to see an upgrade there. However, the economics of pro-football don't make this a real possiblility. I agree with Magnus on Hakeem though. In the right situation he may flourish but I don't think this is the place for him.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

IMHO we gotta go with what we have for a year...here and G. We've got a lot of raw talent and to be honest I'm not sure we can afford to spend here when we have needs in other spots.

10. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

So magnus that is some pretty impressive shit i see you doing on the deuce all the time.

How many times have you won that competition.