1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Mar 1, 2024.

1. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

A Penn state DE and a USC WR.

2. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

More nerd stuff about Ladd McConkey.

3. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

upload_2024-4-10_13-43-32.png

4. dig-it

Stirs, if only that draft would happen. I could almost ignore the Hornets looking at a woman HC.

Almost...

5. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Yeah, and it was done in 5 mins, between zoom calls, haha.
    just killin time
    If only drafts were this easy and websites updates their big boards

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
  6. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Here you go. I fixed the offense in my first two picks.

upload_2024-4-11_6-41-24.png

stirs likes this.
  7. dig-it

I like it.

8. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

I read that there are only 10-15 guys that are getting a first round grade, so moving back into the first round would seem ill advised.
    Better to sit at 33 and 39 and get 2 guys that could easily have been picked at 20 to 30 range

As a pecking order of needs, i see it as:
    1. WR
    2. CB or EDGE
    3. CB or EDGE
    4. TE or ILB or C

As we talked before, guys at 25 are close to the same guys at 50, so the trade back with Raiders or Giants could be in play for the 33 pick.

I am a little excited for the Friday night draft viewing. About all I am excited about when it comes to the Panthers

9. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I think Center is higher on the list of needs than you do. We're running with Corbett there, who hasn't played Center and who's got a sketchy injury history. He won't be here in a couple of years anyway. So now is a good time to draft his replacement.

Our WR room is going to look a lot better just through our new scheme, so there's not the urgency there I thought we had at the end of last season. I would still rank it as our top need, but not one we should reach for. Although reaching at 33 is a joke...

10. dig-it

I don't know how many other teams need a center. At least not one bad enough to spend a first round draft pick on one. If the Panthers could get a quality long term player at 33 or 39 that they could feel confident in sticking in at the position then for sure do it. I personally would feel more confident in a player that has put in several quality college years at the position more than someone relatively untested and coming off a significant injury.
    The main I'm curious about is what direction the staff thinks the team needs to go for. This is one the few drafts that I can remember that seemingly has an abundance of starting talent at quite a few different positions. I know it sounds weird, but I actually feel more calm and relaxed at having picks 33 and 39 than I did at seeing the team pick at #1.

After the draft I'd like to see a list of potential prop bets like who gets in the first camp fight. Along that same line, which rookie comes in with the biggest chip on their disrespected shoulder? What lower round or undrafted player has the best chance of making the starting 53? If the staff tries to pump up the DAWG mentality then OTAs and camp could get interesting. Some players could take it to heart and then some could it roll like water off a duck's back.