1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Mock Drafts

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Apr 25, 2015.

1. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

When thinking we use our 1st and then trade up for OT, something to keep in mind.

Hurney bees gone.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Smart would be not drafting a deep threat with questionable hands who isn't good at running other routes and doesn't do much after the catch to go along with our other starting deep threat with questionable hands who isn't good at running other routes and doesn't do much after the catch. Just because Benjamin does it with size and Smith does it with speed doesn't actually make them very different players. They do the same things, which is why drafting Devin Smith would make absolutely no sense at all.

3. stratocatter

Opinions on WRs that might be there at 25? I don't see any I'd want there. Kind of like OT last year.

Also, where do we take a RB? If Coleman is there at 57, and for some reason Preston Smith is as well, which guy do you take. I am pretty sure I take Smith in two seconds.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

This is a shallow draft so I'm not expecting to be excited about anyone at #25.

5. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

This is a weird draft. WR's and OT class looks deep but the tackles don't seem to have an elite player. Only Sharff seems to be can't miss and he is projected to be a guard. The tackles have either health issues (broken foot, or back) arms too short or basically not a true LT. I don't have a clue who is going to fall to us or what is Gettleman expecting. I mean if Peat for instance is gone and that's who Gettleman wants would he go after a WR instead? I mean is a 2nd round OT that much worse than what a projected 1st rd OT that could be there? Cam is his own worst enemy with some of his passes but I'd like to keep him from getting sacked as much

6. stratocatter

The thing is, Gettleman doesn't feel as if we have to get a T and will only take a guy who drops in our laps. Probably.

Upside is, we can likely get a good player if we're not married to a couple of needs.

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

In other words we take a def. lineman

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

If there are any good players left.

9. stratocatter

Rumor:
    State of the Draft: Raiders-49ers trade, Trade Talk, Player-Team Fits, and Much More - Optimum Scouting

He's mocked it that way, saying we spend 1st and 2nd this year to move up.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

A DE would make a lot of sense. CJ isn't worth what the team is paying him and the opposite side is a huge question mark. Unfortunately that position is pretty weak in this draft class. I wouldn't want Shane Ray even if he hadn't been busted for drugs, but I do like Owa Odighizuwa. While the medicals make it a big risk, I love that the guy played 3-4 DE in college. That trained him to use his hands to keep blockers at a distance and hold the point. If he had been a 4-3 DE he would have gotten a lot more sacks and been taken much higher in the draft, but he'd also be less prepared to play in the NFL. I think I've actually talked myself into wanting him at #25.