1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Mock Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

You know who actually does impress me on YouTube is Fletcher Cox. There is no quit in that guy, always around the ball and collapsing the pocket. The only thing that would concern me with him is he seems to play upright a lot, so I'd be a little concerned that pro guards will dominate him initially unless he works on his technique. But the motor and athleticism seem to be there.

2. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

He seems better fit as a 3-4 DE.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah, it's a huge myth that people work in the NFL because they deserve to. Most of the people with NFL jobs have them because of personal connections, not because of knowledge. Look at Marty Hurney. What is his expertise? Where did he prove himself? Every year during the draft I pull my hair out because talking heads like Merrill Hoge embarrass themselves on ESPN by stating things that are the opposite of true. Robert Griffin is more accurate than Andrew Luck? Yeah, ok.

I've said before that I have no problems with the suggestion that he's the best DT in this draft, but he's not worth considering at #9. Good player, though.

4. Normanator

Normanator Full Access Member

So who do like at #9 Collin? Not talking smack to you, but just curious as to who you would like to see us take at 9. Or who is at least worthy of the 9 pick?

Or would you prefer we make a trade with the pick?

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I don't think there's any realistic scenario in which Claiborne or Blackmon falls, but if Coples does then I'd be ok with that. If he doesn't but Reiff is available, then he'd be my pick. If neither are there then I'd take DeCastro, otherwise trade down. No defensive player in this draft except Claiborne and Coples would be worth the #9 pick, and there isn't enough differentiation between the later ones to worry about missing out on someone if you trade down.

The one thing Carolina absolutely cannot do is select Poe at #9 since he has bust written all over him and having no room under the cap means that missing on a high draft pick will have long-lasting effects.

6. finleye

finleye como say what?

i would hope that letting Schwatrz walk and cutting Wharton at least gets DeCastro a look...question marks at both RG and LG at this point. And if he's there at #9, at the very least, try and shop it to Dallas.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  7. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Cox fills a big hole
    Cox fills a big hole
    Cox fills a big hole
    Cox fills a big hole
    Cox fills a big hole
    Cox fills a big hole

8. Dr. Rev Carl Pethos

Dr. Rev Carl Pethos Spiritual Gynecologist

so what you are saying is
    "cox up the middle"

9. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

The Poe/Brockers situation i think will be interesting to watch unfold, whoever drafts them.

One coined a workout warrior, doesnt have the impressive stats of 4-3 DT's, monster strength and speed but doesnt have the long arms and so struggles with leverage for a man his size. Was voted team MVP at memphis so obviously they saw something more.

The other has a sub par combine showing, yet has extremely long arms making him much more effective getting leverage on his opponents while it appears via a bench press he's much weaker because said long arms hinder him on such a test.

Both look the part, but id rather Brockers personally. We already got Edwards and Fua, Kearse and Shirley have some size too.

Coples and Brockers fit the mold for me what we should be looking for.

10. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

didnt gabbert throw better than newton at combine?