1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Marty Hurney

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, Feb 1, 2011.

1. ColinG

ColinG Just Football Please

Oh? Collin is back? This board just might get interesting again... :corn:

2. madmike

madmike I Like Mexician Beer!

That is true, but the fact is you are the idiot that got called out on a web forum and was stoopid enough to show up and get your ass kicked. Then you were stoopid enough to post that you got your ass kicked. You lack the maturity to realize that people can disagree and you don't need to drop to name calling to get your point across. I would ask how you function in the real world but I have an idea you sit in your parents basement hammering away on a keyboard and jerking off all day while they are forced to support you. Your problems with anger and ego could be solved if you get a job, get a sex partner and drink a beer.

3. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

you gotta love it when he stops taking his meds though. i'd guess we're on day 13 or so. now he's trying to prove he's ok w/out them. it usually works out really well.

4. El Bastardo

El Bastardo Who me?

Wait! Who's Collin again?

5. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

Kind of surprising that they feel Hurney is a solid GM. The Delhomme contract and the deal for Edwards would have gotten a GM fired or on thin ice at the least in most of the better run franchises in the NFL. And saying the the roster is filled with draft picks isn't saying much... they finished 2-14 and looked like an 0-16 team. Letting Fox go and keeping Hurney around still boggles the mind. If you're starting a clean slate why keep around the other 50% of the duo that landed you at 10-22 over the last 2 seasons?

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Since you apparently didn't get it the first time, no one gives a fuck who you are. There is no reason for you to post anything because you have nothing worthwhile to say, and every time you forcefully insert yourself into a conversation it's like one of those annoyingly precocious eight year olds who feels he's "special" enough that he has to be involved in all the grown-up discussions at Thanksgiving. Whether that's because you were never raised properly or because you're so abjectly lonely that you simply must force yourself into some kind of interaction, you're making yourself a nuisance. Basically, if you cannot think of anything meaningful to say, then say nothing.

If you'll notice, I don't flip out on anyone who isn't saying something remarkably stupid.

Agreed. It's just such a dumb position to have. I have always had a low opinion of the clowns covering the team because they've never given anyone a reason to think otherwise, but to actually believe that Hurney has done a good job is a level of incompetence or delusion beyond what even I had expected.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

More follow-up from Sorensen:

8. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Ok, so, here's a suggestion. Channel all that energy, and solid writing, into a job as - wait for it - a sports reporter. They'll not only pay you, but sometimes, feed you.

9. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I go to Yas' NFC S blog more and more to get analysis. I didn't care for him much when he was here, but I don't believe he had the freedom he has now.

I'd rather read what Collin writes more than most of what I see in the local media (that goes for Magnus as well for that matter).

Problem is if Collin had a degree, resume etc, that got him in the door he probably wouldn't last too long because those guys have to play ball with management (paper, and team), something would happen sooner than later.

And those replies from Sorensen are better reading than anything he's put in the Observer, in recent memory.

10. Dbag21

Dbag21 Full Access Member

thanks for calling these guys out Collin
    unless you want to count those reports cards they do after games I have trouble thinking of anything remotely critical of the team that any of them have written.
    well there was the steroid story but I am speaking about team performance and operation in particular.

I think their replies to you are pretty much a reflection of what they put in print

Here's a thought for you, Hurney is suppose to be in studio on WFNZ Friday at 8 am call in and quiz him yourself.