1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Luke Kuechly retires

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Cyberjag, Jan 14, 2020.

1. DogBoy

DogBoy Full Access Member

O-Line still sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

The right side is set. The left may be ok, if Little develops at all over the off-season (we will get GVR back and Daley may be good at LG as well). So it rests on Paradis, and Rhule is a zone blocking guy which is what Paradis is good at.

I'm not saying that our line will be great, but it may not be our biggest concern. The defense, however...

3. DogBoy

DogBoy Full Access Member

Really the big issue is what Refs Tepper has in his pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Latest mocks have us taking the georgia left tackle

5. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

That's because those mocks think that we don't have any talent on the line. Little wasn't bad but was hurt a lot (and holding him out was precautionary). Daley flashed in several games, including one where he was the best rated tackle in the league per PFF. Hurney taking a tackle would be an admission that he missed last year, and he won't do that.

We're probably going to end up with Brown, although a CB or QB wouldn't surprise. I would love Simmons, but he would surprise as well.

Collin likes this.
  6. Collin

Collin soap and water

If Hurney takes a QB at #7 then I'll probably take a year or two off from the Panthers. I'm hoping that some other teams jump up for QBs and push Okudah down, otherwise I would take Jeudy. If he's gone too then I would take Simmons.

7. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

What are the needs as you see them? Any early thoughts on what might happen? I love Free Agency and the Draft, with all the speculation.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

I'm actually comfortable with Kyle Allen as a QB to develop, so I wouldn't take one of those at all. Both lines need work on the interior, the secondary needs a complete overhaul, and the team obviously needs a Kuechly replacement. I would prefer someone more stout than Simmons up the middle, but that's not available in this draft and I can't think of anyone who fits the bill in free agency. A great one technique DT would allow Simmons to be effective if the team wanted to go that route in free agency or the 2nd/3rd round.

Cyberjag likes this.
  9. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

If we take Simmons he'll eventually replace Eric Reid in a Troy Polamalu mold. Still need a good MLB though. I'm wondering if Hurney will find a trading partner in either the Browns or Jets so they can take an OT. There's a decent chance that Brown is available at 10-11, unless he blows up the combine.

Center is a must, maybe Nick Harris will be available in the 2nd.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

Simmons is not an NFL safety. He's just going to get bigger and slower over time, so he's a LB much like Shaq who can slide out to cover a slot receiver. He's not a conventional MLB, but he could work there with Short and a stout nose in front of him.