1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Luke Kuechly retires

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Cyberjag, Jan 14, 2020.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

And by too good we still have a decent core.

2. PantherPaul

If i were cmc, they jettison cam i say fuck it. Trade me

3. PantherPaul

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

[​IMG]

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

This badly hurts the team, but it's still better both for Luke and the Panthers that he made this decision now rather than whenever his next concussion would be. I wonder if Hurney knew this was coming and that's why he massively overpaid Shaq Thompson. This would put Simmons in play at #7 depending on how you feel about him being an inside linebacker.

Coach Micool and Black&Black like this.
  6. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

The offensive line is good on the right, bad in the center, and developing on the left. We have a decent receiver, one who's still teasing us, and a bunch of JAGs. Our TE is going to retire and that leaves us with a project who may be a year away. Cam could lift the offense to a top-15 unit, but why would he want to when we are going to give up a ton of points on the other side?

We're going to give those points up because on defense our line is best suited to a 3-4 but they suck at it, and everyone in the interior is in their 30s. Our young guys are undersized for a 4-3. Our only good linebacker is Shaq, the rest are JAGs. The best player in our secondary is a FA who will price himself out of Carolina, while his counterpart needs to grow up. Our best physical talent is more interested in social issues than football.

The coaching staff is made up of a great guy who's done a great job coaching kids and saying the right thing. He's made up for his lack of NFL experience by hiring people even less experienced to surround himself with; if you want to look thin you hang out with fat people, right? His NFL advisor is a guy famous for being hated by his players to the point that 25 percent of NFLPA grievances were filed against his team.

And we have Christian McCaffrey, who's awesome. But he's the only really awesome talent we have. Do you really think this team is too good to tank?

sawdawg, Coach Micool and Collin like this.
  7. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I can't wait for the offseason buzz designed to get me excited about spending a few thousand bucks on tickets again.

PantherPaul likes this.
  8. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Bolt Up

[​IMG]

Collin, Black&Black and Coach Micool like this.
  9. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

The 2-14 and 1-15 teams had some excellent players.

DogBoy and Bull Moose like this.
  10. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Moore, CMC, Moton, and Turner ought to make it easy enough to turn the offense around, particularly if Cam returns but even if he doesn't and we get a good QB in the draft. Burns and Shaq are about the only difference makers we have on defense, unless you want to count Short, who will be 31 in two weeks. We may be able to re-sign Bradberry, and Jackson may get his head screwed on straight, but it's not looking great on that side of the ball.