1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about some shit

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Dec 21, 2022.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I'm off work today bc I have AIDS. So let's talk about some shit.

Wilks? Keep him? Who would you rather have?

The draft?

Free agency?

Playoffs???? PLAYOFFS??!!????

Discuss.

2. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I'm ok with keeping Wilks but I'm not a big fan of McAdoo. Wilks should hire Ken Dorsey as OC, or maybe give Darrell Bevell another chance. Zac Robinson or Bobby Slowik are two other guys who would install more modern offenses and they're both going to get looks as Offensive Coordinators this offseason.

In the draft, unless we get a shot at a top three QB I would take the BPA in the first. For our team, that would likely be a WR, TE, or Edge player. I really think we should look for a good run-stuffing ILB in the draft. I'm talking about a modern day Jeremiah Trotter--some guy who looks like a smallish Defensive Tackle and lays the wood on anyone coming through his gap. If we can't get a Quarterback in the first, we should take a toolsy one in the second in hopes he can develop into a starter.

In Free Agency our first item of business is to sign Sam Darnold to a 2-3 year contract at $5-6m per. He's never going to be a franchise QB, but he's the best one on the roster and we need someone to be a bridge between now and when a rookie or Matt Corrall is ready to start. I would also try to bring back D'Onte Foreman, Matt Ioannidis and Brad Bozeman, although he will probably be too expensive. We could re-sign Burris or Chandler, but those guys can be replaced by others off the street. As for other teams' free agents, no one realistically jumps out at me because if they're worth a damn their own teams will bring them back.

If we get any sort of decent play out of the Quarterback position, I fully expect to win the South next year. Tampa is getting old and they're not going to be able to do much to improve in the offseason. The Saints still have Dennis Allen coaching, so they're going to suck for a while. And the Falcons have more needs than we do and they have no one of note at Quarterback either. So Playoffs are on the menu.

Black&Black likes this.
  3. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

It would be interesting to see what Wilks could do with his own draft and a full year to see what he could accomplish.
    If Will Anderson is available then he is a definite. If not then a QB that is the closest to contributing ASAP.
    They have all shown some warts.
    Would Stroud have his numbers without his tremendous WR talent?
    Richardson is too inconsistent to be trusted for quite a while.
    Alabama's Bryce is really too small to take many hits in the NFL.
    Hooker is up in age for a rookie QB and who knows how he'll be post injury.
    Levis... well... well... just no.
    Free agents? Giving up draft spots and overpaying for someone just chasing dollars?
    It's a crap shoot.
    They'll have to take flyers on folks coming off injuries or costing their current teams too much.
    It would have to take a few cards falling Carolina's way, but in this division the playoffs are never out of reach.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    Black&Black likes this.
  4. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

You know who fucking sucked? Matt Rhule.

That mother fucker sucks.

Schwantz34, morningwood and DogBoy like this.
  5. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Wilks is still below average and interims don't workout full time (if theres examples of it feel free to correct me) Rhule was just that fucking awful. Get me some variety of offensive guy that is thinks 30 carries is only necessary when you have a 24+ point lead- no more of this smashmouth for smashmouth sake butchie.

Draft- QB? ehh... theres other ways but if they like one they like one. Get me an Olsen replacement, maybe trade down and shore up secondary as cover for poor recovery from donte.

Free agency- be smart and shore up comp at WR, depth on the lines, maybe splurge on a linebacker if there's a dynamic guy with a rep for leadership

Playoffs- get in wreck the wild card's shit and who knows what happens.

Owner- more press conferences where he quits once the reporters mildly disagree with him less actual decision making on the team.

morningwood and Black&Black like this.
  6. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

So would they have tried to keep building around Rosen or would he have pulled the Kyler trigger?

7. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Lets ask him.
    That's a lose-lose situation.

8. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

It's just the flu

9. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I can respect an offensive philosophy that's more pass-heavy, but we actually have the line for a more run oriented attack and I've always enjoyed that style. I also think it's coming back into fashion, so I'm more than happy if we become the Titans. We could probably be a better passing team if we draft Young or Stroud, but those are the only two real options in either draft or Free Agency who could lead a pass-heavy offense.

Have you looked at the available FA Wide Receivers? There really isn't a lot out there. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/wide-receiver/

Schwantz34 likes this.
  10. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Be nice. He's got to convince his mother he's Haitian now.