1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Les Miserables

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by jbghostrat, Feb 14, 2002.

1. jbghostrat

jbghostrat Guest

Not too bad i guess. Kinda long but tolerable. I had my mack on! I looked good. I wore a tie!!! oooohhh!!

Scared the crap outta me in the second Act when they were fighing. We were in the balcony and the lighting crew let off some fireworks or something and we were right next to them. bout made me crap my pants. That was the best part:D that and the bus ride back to school. hehee!:D

2. Turbo

Turbo Guest

Les Mis

Thats one of the best all time musicals!! I've gone many many times to see it....and always end up making out during the show!! hehe

Awesome music too.

3. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

Glad to see you are enjoying some culture JB. If you thought it was good there, go see it in New York. The set is absolutely amazing. I've never been a huge Les Mis fan myself, but it's worth it just for the set.

4. Fred

Fred .........

Everyone has a theme song- mine came for 'Les Mis' .... "On My Own".

5. cltbuilder

cltbuilder Guest

Although I think the musical is a great production...Some terrific effects and whatnot, I just don't get it. A man steals a loaf of bread cause he's hungry and spends the rest of his life being persecuted for it. Haunted, by toast! :D

6. gutter

gutter Ruud Van Nistilroy

JB!!!! Good for you. I'm glad to see you experiencing new things. I've seen Les Mis twice. It was incredible in NYC. Hey Fred, i cry like a baby during "Own My Own." It is an incredibly moving song. THis is my favorite play. I love the battle scene and just the whole moving stage is such a cool idea.

7. PhotoGuy

PhotoGuy Guest

I like the song Castle In The Clouds. Les Mis is an awesome show! I have seen it twice. A little hard to follow if you are not familiar with the story. I had the CD and listened to it a lot and decided that I would like to see the show. Anyone here seen Rent? I saw it three times in Chicago. It's about this group of friends living in NYC dealing with life with AIDS. It is a very moving musical.

8. cltbuilder

cltbuilder Guest

Now RENT is a fabulous story and an ok soundtrack. When Angel died, I don't think there was a dry eye in the place when I saw it here a couple years back. Even the snooty bitch sitting next to me was crying. Of course, her husband was slouching further and further down into his chair hoping that none of his co-workers would see him at a pansy musical. Overall, it's a good story and good lyrics...I just think some of the "singers" were outmatched by the parts written for them.

~To faggits, lezzies, dykes, cross-dressers too. To me, to me, to me, and you, you, you, and you....To people living - not dying from disease. Let he among us without sin, be the first to condemn, La Vie Boheme.....
    from RENT by Johnathon Larson.

9. Puttingood

Puttingood Guest

The Vagina Monolouges
    A must see !!!!

I was worried about vaginas. I was worried about what we think about vaginas, and even more worried that we don’t think about them…So I decided to talk to women about their vaginas, to do vagina interviews, which became vagina monologues. I talked with hundreds of women. I talked to old women, young women, married women, single women, lesbians, college professors, actors, corporate professionals, sex workers, African American women, Hispanic women, Asian American women, Native American women, Caucasian women, Jewish women. At first, women were reluctant to talk. They were a little shy. But once they got going, you couldn’t stop them.

10. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

I think Les Mis is coming to Charlotte again. Seems like my wife got us tickets.

And RENT! I got dragged to that. My wife loved the soundtrack. I thought it was so bad that it was comical. What was up with the "songwriter" that wanted to just write "one song." Sounds to me like he needed a new profession. Of course you have to remember that I love Queensryche, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Megadeth when I rate this soundtrack!