1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lack of Institutional Control

Discussion in 'College Basketball Forum' started by gottalaff, Jun 4, 2015.

1. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I`m sure by now that they are just numb and want it over ASAP.

2. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

It's a long, long way from being 'over,' even though they will most likely get off lightly compared to what the ABC crowd wants to happen as far as sanctions go. I haven't really got a clue what the NCAA will do, but the negativity hanging over the athletic program has already resulted in de-commits and lost recruits, and that will continue.

Some are getting more mad by the day. I had a Tar Heel fan tell me last Thursday, "I'm getting sick and tired of my money being pissed away on paying ex-coaches, PR firms, and lawyers." I guess they're still paying Butch Davis??? Anyway, he comes from a blue blood family of generations of Chapel Hill grads that I would say dump big bucks into the University and Rams Club every year.

Then you have an overzealous journalist at the News & Observer who is shooting for a Pulitzer Prize for his coverage of the scandal. The pot will continue to be stirred for a long time. Sorry Heels, it ain't going away.

CFBall likes this.
  3. outofstate

outofstate Full Access Member

Have they shut down the school yet?

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Not yet, but former Governer Jim Martin's investigation turns out to be a whitewash just as any reasonable thinking person knew it to be.

Now, in a book slated for release in October, Martin says he misspoke. He believed it was an athletic and academic scandal then, and he believes it now.

“I could have said, ‘Not only is it an extraordinary athletic scandal, but it is also an incredibly damaging academic scandal,’” Martin said in a galley of the book provided to The News & Observer by the book publisher.

Read more here: Former Gov. Martin says he misspoke about UNC scandal | News & Observer

The Tar Heels are in trouble. Big, BIG trouble. Only the most delusional Tar Heel fan believes otherwise.

5. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

6. outofstate

7. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Not yet. There have been additional "findings" that have been reported to the NCAA. Another prong that delays the inevitable.

8. outofstate

As long as it is done before basketball season.

9. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Won't happen. That's the reason they self-reported the latest findings, so they can extend the punishment phase until after the basketball season. Shameless bunch, the Tar Heels.

10. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/1...-as-it-struggles-with-a-scandals-fallout.html