1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Kyle Allen

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Dec 1, 2019.

1. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Whomever it was misjudged the talent potential.

Coach Micool likes this.
  2. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Many years ago I actually did a study on draft picks and how effective GMs were in making them. My criteria was mainly how long the player lasted in the league, with extra points for starting, pro bowls, and all pro selections. It was pretty similar to what Bill Barnwell did at Grantland a year or so later. Anyway, the scores were here: https://www.catscratchreader.com/20...ft-results-enough-to-evaluate-a-nfl-gm-part-1

Obviously they're severely dated and not relevant, but long story short what I discovered was that Hurney is pretty average at drafting, except in the first round. All GMs miss on late round picks, and he's no exception. Most of these guys are hit or miss, and a lot of guys on the end of rosters would probably be cut if they weren't on rookie contracts. Hurney's picks are no different. In the first round, however, he's one of the better GMs in the league.

Grier may develop, maybe he won't. If he doesn't, he's just another failed third round pick to lump together with all the other crappy third rounders Hurney's chosen over the years. But his second rounders haven't been terrible, and surprisingly neither have his fourths. There's a lot of hit-or-miss on days two and three for him, just like there are for eveyrone.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah, Hurney's hit rate in the first round isn't something to be taken for granted. It would be nice if somehow he could only make that pick and none of the others.

Black&Black and Coach Micool like this.
  4. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

Good stuff CJ.

I wonder how 53 will pan out? He concerns me as not the best 1st rounder mh has made lately.

Thoughts on the Gman in your analysis?

5. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I did it long before Gettleman was our GM, but I can tell you at a glance that his score would be pretty low. His 2013 draft was probably his best, 2014 his worst. His third round prowess landed us Daeshon Hall and Daryl Worley, for what it's worth.

6. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I actually hope this is Tepper's mindset behind a collaborative front office.

7. CoachMcFly

CoachMcFly Full Access Member

Kyle Allen would look better with a revamped Oline and a big body WR. Ian Thomas needs to play more, IMO.

This Oline is TRASH! Liked the Little pick, otherwise they can all kick rocks.

8. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Daley has potential too, he just needs time to develop. If we can get a good center we might look like night and day next year.

9. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Has Paradis been a disappointment since coming over?
    [​IMG]
    Matt Paradis
    C 30 6'3" 300

10. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Yes, but his body of work merits a second chance in 2020.