1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Kyle Allen

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Oct 13, 2019.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I've always dug Cam. I like that he's fucking weird.

That said, the concern was always that his physicality was his main threat and would ultimately lead to a short career. That's what I see happening. He was rock solid reliable for nearly a decade, even after getting the snot knocked out of him on the regs. Additionally, he costs a fortune, and is about to cost more. He is only worth it if he's back to 2015 form for years. I absolutely dont see that as a possibility.

I think I just heard Gantt on fnz talking about how some players you just keep - like Brady and Rodgers. Cam aint in that class. Cam is not as good as Brees, Brady, Rodgers. He may not even be as good as Stafford and Ryan when he's that age. Those statements are clearly opinion - but do y'all disagree? Do we pay a 31 year old in May a massive, franchise changing amount of $$?

Hopefully Allen will win the Superbowl and the issue will be moot, or Cam will return and win the Superbowl. Basically, if we win the Superbowl nobody will give 2 shits.

2. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

Cam is only elite if you can use him the way they’ve been using him for a decade. Ask yourself: what are you really getting with Newton if you limit his ability to run with power?

3. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

That’s exactly my point.

Coach Micool and Bull Moose like this.
  4. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

I think we've all know that from the beginning. Well, the time's probably gotten here.

5. Bill Cowher

Bill Cowher Full Access Member

I'd call Elway and trade cam to Denver

barry49s likes this.
  6. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Cam fits the Elway QB mold of big and athletic but he's not... melanin deficient enough to make the grade.

7. rake

rake Need one of these

Cam would hate that shitty orange uni

8. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Kyle Allen showed me something the last drive of the game. He's only 23, and I think his ceiling is pretty good. He looked like a legit NFL starter yesterday, and despite the loss he's given the Panthers management more options around what to do with Cam.

Too bad we can't stop teams from running up the middle.

meatpile and Coach Micool like this.
  9. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

He's good enough with the right ingredients around him. So is Ryan Tannehill. So is Teddy Bridgewater. So is Colin Kaepernick. So is Eli Manning. So is Nick Foles. So is Jared Goff. So is Dak Prescott. So is Kirk Cousins. So is Philip Rivers. So is Matt Ryan. So is Cam Newton.

The vast majority of quarterbacks aren't the straw that stirs the drink. Allen is right inside of that echelon. And he's dirt cheap. We're in a good spot here.

meatpile, Coach Micool and rake like this.
  10. rake

rake Need one of these

Yup, but they absolutely have to upgrade o-line talent, and how bout upgrading the passing scheme?
    Why are the pats the only team that get to consistently make effective use of crossers slants and ANY high percentage route that takes less than 2.7 seconds to release the ball to???