1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Kyle Allen

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

Also, Panthers are a really good team. Seem more together now then they did with Cam. Not bashing Cam, as maybe with more games under their belt, they are meshing well.

3. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Matt Moore is still in the league, and still serving as a reminder that the next big UDFA may not be.

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Interesting pff stat on ypa:

EEF12236-42BC-48CF-B34B-069B77A872C5.png

PantherPaul likes this.
  5. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

I've watched a bunch of his highlights from college over the past coupla weeks. Impressive.

He even ran some, doing read-option. Wasn't bad either.

I saw one game he was like 30 for 32 for a coupla TD's, one rush TD. One of those 2 inc was a drop.

I can't believe he wasn't drafted.

meatpile likes this.
  6. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I keep hearing that he is just a backup QB and would be no matter what team he is on.
    My question is, what is the line between back up and starting QB?
    What talents does a starting QB have to have that our back up, Allen, doesn`t have?
    The radio idiots are all saying they`d take a healthy Cam over Allen any day anytime.
    The trouble is that Cam will and has lied about his health.
    Allen has certain talents that Cam has never really had. Allen will throw to a spot that the receiver should be and Cam always waits to throw till the receiver is clear and open.
    Allen has a tendency to have the ball knocked loose, but doesn`t throw interceptions.
    I trust Allen`s accuracy more than I trust Cam`s, but I love Cam at the goal line and in short yardage situations.
    Allen has no conscience about previous bad plays and Cam will wear that shit on his sleeve.
    I want my QB to have confidence when he steps up to the line. Taking a mini prayer when coming out of the huddle is not a good look to me.
    Get your prayers done before and after the game.
    I say keep Allen in there as long as he is doing a decent job.

brandonray99 and bam-bam like this.
  7. Coach Micool

Allen is more even-keeled, that is for sure. He doesn't get all excited over good stuff nor does he get down about bad shit. When I played, as well as what I coach, is that you should never show your emotions, especially as a QB and when shit goes bad.

But by that, it doesn't mean when a great play happens you shouldn't celebrate some and appear happy. But the QB shouldn't act like a clown or mope. I like the way CMC celebrates a td, for example.

Seems to me, Allen is one of the best backups in the league- at least right now. He's also better than quite a few starters, imo.

Sometimes being a stater is simply is a result of having decent talent, being prepared, playing smart, taking advantage of your opportunities and constantly honing your skills.

Ask tom brady.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    bam-bam likes this.
  8. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Coach Micool

10. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

This is an interesting question nowadays. With the rules the way they are, favoring QBs, how important is a Drew Brees or a Tom Brady now? You can take a team like the Rams, who have built a team around a guy who is a reliable passer, but certainly not a franchise QB, and you can win a lot of games. Or you can sacrifice 20% of your cap to a Drew Brees and hope you get enough talent in the draft to surround him with a team that he can drag to some wins while they're still cheap.

I think that Hurney did an amazing job this offseason fixing the defense, and that's why we're winning. And credit to Norv Turner for adapting to the change at QB. Allen is in there just spreading the ball around the best way he can, letting CMC and company win the games for him. If Cam were in, he would be trying to win them himself, and he's not physically capable of doing that right now. It's possible that he won't ever get back there, in which case we would want to roll with Allen going forward. If he can, though, then I don't have a question as far as who our starter should be.

Allen does throw a prettier ball though, which is what everyone seems to be fixated on.