1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Kyle Allen

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Oct 13, 2019.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

just a Kyle Allen thread. Not a comp to cam argument. Impressive shit.

5 wins
    Zero INT
    51 first downs on 122 attempts - 41.8% which leads the league for players with more than 50 passes.
    106.6 rating
    Has ridiculous confidence in himself and seems to have the confidence of his teammates. Significant- to me - because he was so cocky he left a school and then another, instead declaring. Went undrafted and apparently impressed. Maybe he matured as an underdog. He’s rating as high as his college and high school peers.

What’s he do / done wrong besides:
    Fumble
    Low yards per attempt

Bad arm? Slow release? Stare down? Seriously what’s he not good at that would keep him from being a great qb?

2. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

I don’t know who that is. I have no idea about Kyle Allen.

3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

The fumbling is a big deal. If it proves to be an anomaly, I don't see any reason why he's not our quarterback beyond 2019. He's accurate and he has a great feel for this offense.

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Didn’t he get benched twice for a couple of bursts of ridiculous turnovers? I’ll look that up

5. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

He wasn't benched because we had no one else to turn to. Yesterday's game was significant because he took a few hits in the pocket and held on to the ball. It's almost as if it was a problem that developed from not getting hit much in Training Camp and it just needed a few simple corrections. If that's the case, I'll take what he's giving all day long. 7.4 YPA is middling, but Allen's pretty much still a work in progress and should get better.

6. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I need to see Allen with a game-winning drive. I also want to see how he does when the defense isn't playing lights-out. And I don't care how bad they are this year, I want to see him sweep the Falcons and beat the Seahawks. If he does all that, he's the franchise.

Coach Micool likes this.
  7. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

I agree with cyberton

8. rake

rake Need one of these

. .. and beat SF and the saints at least one damn time! Yeah, IF, but that’s some steep IFing. Even with a 2015 Super Cam i seriously doubt that this current team could pull off the above. Yes, the defense is going to flatten out on several occasions (like the 2nd half yesterday). The O-line will be human turn styles at times, and clock management WILL be less than good on just about every opportunity. .. For all that (and some goofy playcalling too) the panthers are NOT the playoff caliber organization this season that can pull off all of the above. However, they will be competitive and make things interesting while inspiring some freakin’ hope.
    Have a bad feeling about the niner game. I believe that SF is in the middle of one of those “magic seasons”
    I really hope i’m wrong

I strayed from topic which is Kyle Allen and my point was supposed to be:
    Winning those games will be about a lot more than whoever is at QB. .. .Whoever that may be the wins are going to be harder and harder to come by. Just sayin’

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    DogBoy likes this.
  9. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I didn’t include the Niner game because it’s away and they look good this year. Not too worried about the Saints, he’s been there and done that and there’s no shame if we lose to them if Brees is back. The Falcons don’t play defense but they somehow have our number. So the big challenge on that list is a west coast team playing here at 1:00. All that I listed is a reasonable ask for a franchise QB, which we don’t know if Allen is.

Coach Micool likes this.
  10. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Malapoo and Coach Micool like this.