1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Jake

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Javy, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Dude, I certainly post my share of insults and criticism, but that's all you do. How about not going through every thread and trying to pick a fight with me because you're still sore about being repeatedly humiliated? You're not going to beat me with insults, so why not try beating me by actually posting some knowledge? And if you're going to complain about my demeanor, you really shouldn't be such an obvious hypocrite about it.

2. ColinG

ColinG Just Football Please

"everyone knows that Jake makes a lot of stupid throws... a lot more than almost any other QB" - Collin

Part 1...no problem. Part 2 (in bold)...unsupported by the facts. It's your statement and you can't back it up with anything but "I was there and I KNOW..." type bullshit. Maybe AFTER you get your gee-golly Masters you'll know something.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

ColinG, could you stop being stupid for perhaps a minute and realize that most people also agree with the second part? I already pointed out to you that Piper and others were lumping Jake with Aaron Brooks, Jake Plummer, and Drew Bledsoe. As noted, I understand that you're my official stalker, but you really should bother to notice what people are saying so that you don't end up making such a fool of yourself. Granted, it's too late now, but it's something to keep in mind at future message boards.

4. ColinG

ColinG Just Football Please

Of the QBs that have played at least 7 games, those you and Piper (who I'm sure must be surprised that he is now your authority on dumbass throwing QBs) have passer rating that ranks them at 4 (Bledsoe), 8 (Delhomme), and 9 (Plummer) with only Brooks (30) being at the bottom of the barrel. The top 3 have combined for 38 TDs to only 17 ITs. Hardly an indication of the "Dumbass Throws" chart toppers you are making them out to be. Now Aaron Brooks...I'll give you him as his stats fit the mold you're casting. Problem is that the facts don't support your contention and you are driving yourself batty figuring out how to backpedal out of the mess you've put yourself into...and you know it. That is why over the last couple of days we've been seeing you use that line "everybody agrees with me" almost like a dirge heralding the end of your credibility on these boards.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  5. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

I find it intersting when so called "intellegent people" continue to pass thier opinion as fact. Hell, I even do it without realizing it sometimes...and I laugh at my own dipshittedness.

A piece of paper doesn't make you any smarter or more successful than anyone else. Actually, the notion that a piece of paper would elevate someone in such a way is foolish, IMO.

As for anybody using "being a writter" as some kind of designation of distinction...I was a sports editor/writter and know first hand that all editors/writters do is relay facts. They sprinkle the facts with opinion to add flavor, to make the facts a little more interesting. Sports facts are stat based, and there is nothing less interesting than stats upon stats upon stats...but you garnish stats with opinion and they come to life.

Just sayin...

Continue with your little pissing match...

6. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

what the heck is a "writter." kin to Three's Company?

7. McFly41

I was tired, fuck off! :lizard:

8. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

i'm sorry, but that was just classic. reinforces every stereotype i ever had abouts sports editors/writters. ;)

9. McFly41

What's that, that they are all worthless drunks that can't spell or use proper grammer?

If they could spell and use proper grammer, they'd be novelist or Collin?

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

McFly, I've never presented my degrees or my employment as a reason for people to believe what I say. In fact, I've repeatedly made the point that I know plenty of people who cover football for a living who don't know much at all about it, and we all know people with degrees who aren't special. Note that I'm not bragging about either of those things, but bitter stalkers like ColinG obsess over it simply because I've mentioned them when people asked what my "qualifications" were. My opinions are superior because of the points supporting them, and they would be just as valid if I were still working at Blockbuster as an undergraduate.