1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Jake

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Javy, Oct 31, 2005.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Pain, Inc.

You know, you may be right.

I know this....One interception in four playoff games. That's nice.

2. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Wow. He usually throws INTs when he's pressing. When he feels unless he throws that blind pass the O will do nothing. I guess once in the red zone he's more confident that the O is doing something and he doesn't have to take the same risks.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    red zone's also a bit more likely to play man-coverage, and far less likely to have a lot of "free" coverage roaming. You might be free, but you flow to a man ASAP. Jake throws a lot of his passes from forcing a ball in, and throwing a ball when he doesn't see a defender coming. In man, you're almost never going to have a guy coming you don't see. In zone, it's far more likely.

Also, I think we get less conservative with our blocking for that reason, that man type coverage means always having an outlet. More outlets, as well, means less spying, more efficiency, and so on, but regardless of that, Jake does better with more guys in patterns.

4. Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot The Voice of Reason

August 29, 2003 : Panthers vs Steelers : 2003 Preseason, Week 4

Jake Delhomme, 11-11, 123 yds, 2 tds, 0 ints

(not really trying to make a point with that, just thought it was amusing in context) :handbang:

5. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

and despite those stats there were still those on those board canpaigning for weinke ... and we still started the season with peete

6. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

Speaking for myself, I called for Weinke for the simple fact that he had more time in the system knowing Delhomme would probably be the better option in the long run. Look at how dumbed down the offense was the first half of the season, that was due in part to bringing Jake along.