1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Jake

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Dec 13, 2006.

1. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

You don't play or not play a young player based on your opponent. Especially when you don't have alot to lose.
    Never know what you've got in a player til you play him. Trial by fire is as good as getting his lumps any other way. It's not like we couldn't put Weinke out there if things get ugly.

2. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

won't do it this week. still a sliver of hope.

3. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

You play an undrafted rookie quarterback by necessity, not because you want to. I think any offensive coordinator in the NFL would agree with that.

Except for a football game and our season.

The only thing we need to find out is a way to win on Sunday. Basanez wasn't even that good in the preseason, against third-string defenses. People didn't fall in love with him until his fake-spike completion during the last game, and the only reason he made the practice squad is because LeFors was epically horrible during the summer.

4. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

when bas leads us to a superbowl victory this year, i'm going to come in here and bump all these threads.

5. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I like Bas but no, we don't start him unless we have no other choice. He's probably not ready to face even the Colts' D.

Wouldn't really mind him getting a few snaps if the game's lopsided either way.

6. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

That's all I am really getting at, what's it going to hurt? Sure Weinke is more game ready, and we know what we got in him and we know it ain't much! We need to identify a #2 and maybe even someone to push for #1...Weinke certainly won't.

I am pretty much reserved to the idea that this season is already lost. Unless we some how flip the script and start converting 3rd downs and stopping opposing offenses...which generally doesn't happen late season with the an injury riddled line up.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    One game by an underdeveloped player isn't enough to tell whether he's "ready", and more importantly, we need to see if it's even viable to keep Weinke after the year (yay - dead cap on a backup QB :fu2: ). As well, CW gives us a better chance of winning.

8. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

if that happens, i'll beat ya to it

9. rake

rake Need one of these

what sort of dead money would we be eating with Weinke not making the final 53 next year? I want to see vet competition/insurance brought in and paid for.
    If it costs another mil or so just to get rid of Weinke and make room for a better option then so be it