1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Is it worth it if we get Lawrence?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Feb 4, 2020.

Is it worth it if we get Lawrence?

1. Hell yes. We'll be set for 10-15 years.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No. Integrity of the game is paramount.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. No. He's overrated.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. IDK

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

?

2. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Are we sure Lawrence won't press his Luck and avoid the whammy of playing for the Carolina Panthers?

Collin and Coach Micool like this.
  3. Black&Black

That would be hilarious.

4. Black&Black

Who said no?

5. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Romney

6. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

Ideally, McCaffrey doesn’t hold out this year, while Newton plays at a 2017 level.

Or, tank and see what happens.

Actually, no. Don’t do that. Losing sucks, and you’re guaranteed nothing at the end of it. I would rather be 5-3 at the midway point after beating the shit out of the Titans than tugging my limp dick at 1-7.

By the way, can anybody provide me with some tanking analytics? And don’t give me the feel good dog shit down in Miami right now. “See, they stayed competitive won a few games!”

Right....and now, the best quarterback in the draft is Joe Burrow. Nobody, I mean nobody, on the national media front was talking about “Tanking for Joe” in July.

Let’s take it a step further: the quarterback for whom they were tanking, presumably, broke his fucking hip. It’s a blessing that he wasn’t seriously hurt, but now you have a red flag. Then again, that injury helped him slide to Miami’s current spot.

Trevor likes to run around a lot. God forbid, he blows his knee out. Then what?

Oh, yea: The quarterback they just got rid of played pretty damn well this year.

If Miami ends up with a very good football team in five years, much of that will have nothing to do with what they did last year.

I’m realistic about Newton’s future. I’m pretty sure his shoulder will run out of gas by 35. I’m also realistic about McCaffrey’s upcoming payday. It sure would be nice to see McCaffrey/Newton together and healthy for 16 games. Along with Moore (now a more complete WR), and Samuel (a 2015 Ginn AND a viable misdirection weapon), that’s some great skill talent.

The offensive line? Hopefully, Little stops getting concussions, Paradis heals up. Hopefully, some new concepts will aid their performance.

Last little piece of positive talk: I think people forget the team spent a third round pick on a quarterback last year. That was Marty, all the way. He had Will rated very high—TOO high. He certainly doesn’t look like he can play in the league, but I’m not totally sure either. He’s a third round player: not a small investment, but probably not a great QB. Most of the elite ones get drafted sooner.

Coach Micool likes this.