1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I went to minicamp this morning

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Panthrs, Apr 2, 2002.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

The PM is better for me....Starts at like 2:15. I brought my camera, tough shot through the fence.

2. Panthrs

Panthrs Guest

When you were at the afternoon practice how did Weinke look?

I thought his accuracy in the morning was terrible, still underthrowing a good bit and well as an occasional overthrow.

I was watching the news on NBC6 and they were showing film clips from minicamp and they had a few where Weinke completed a pass. I figure there was a bunch of tape on the cutting room floor.:D

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

You guys are great. I love this stuff.

So, meat, did Larry give in and issue you a TBR press pass?

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Hell no. What an ass.

I had to sit out by the fence with the guys from Renound, While yasinskas and reid showed up late by had prime seats.

I need to try to fake a press pass. Used to do it to get backstage at concerts all the time.

Panthrs, I didn't see Weinke much, but what I saw he threw some beautiful passes. The only mistake was when there were four guys running and he threw to no-one. Probably a new play, and either he or the receivers messed up.

It's hard to tell at Minicamp, but I'm concerned with the Corners. I hope we draft Peppers and Grab Eric Davis or one of our old starters for minimum.

5. Panthrs

Panthrs Guest

Thanks.....hopefully I just caught him at a bad time.

I am also seriously concerned about the corners. I heard from a Titans fan that they affectionately called Jenkins "Toast". And Cousins was a nickle for Miami. The worst part is there is no telling when Anderson will be back from his surgery.....as if he's a great improvement.

:rolleyes:

Personally I'm torn between Peppers and Jammer.

6. I'm lunching it in Charlotte tomorrow, so I may see ya out there too, Meat.

7. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i'll see what kind of press credentials i can scrounge up.

8. Piper

Piper Guest

I dunno why Jenkins never took the next step, he had good reactions in college. Pros are a different level, and he was never a burner. More of a physical guy.

Get used to it. The flip side of press coverage and blitz packages is getting burned.

9. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Sweet.

10. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

I still have my last press pass from 1991. Wonder if it would work?

I could always get my Dad to try to get me one, but security would probably question why an Iowa weekly paper is requesting press credentials?