1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I went to minicamp this morning

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Panthrs, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Panthrs

Panthrs Guest

I just got back from the morning practice. Here are some random thoughts:

First and foremost it looked to me like Weinke was still having accuracy problems. He was mostly underthrowing with an occasional overthrow. Made me think we need to draft a QB. Lytle and even old Rodney Peete looked better.

It looked to me that the 2 starting corners (as of today) were Cousins and Jenkins. Now I think we need to draft Jammer. ;-)

Lots of practicing running plays. It was hard to see who they had as the starter but It could have been Lamar Smith. Montgomery was running it a good bit. He's built like a fire plug. Dee Brown was there too. I didn't see Bates (or Kasay for that matter).

Walls wasn't practicing but was doing some running. Mangum & Crawford were getting lots of reps. Crawford was making some good catches.

Coach Fox is extremely vocal during practice.....saying good things when good things happen.

Do y'all have any questions? I'm going back tomorrow afternoon.

2. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

Was something wrong with Walls?

3. Piper

Piper Guest

Walls hurt his knee again toward the end of last year.

4. BearBryant

I know he is fan favorite and all but it is time to let him go.

5. Piper

Piper Guest

Unlikely, with him restructured. I suppose he could if rehab goes badly, and I'm all for drafting a project to replace him eventually. I can't believe Magnum is still here.

6. BearBryant

I did not know Walls restructered. I must have missed Mag's report. I kind of like Mangum for some reason. Even though he did leave Alabama for Ole Miss.

7. Panthrs

Panthrs Guest

I don't know about Mangum. During his whole time here he is supposed to be Wesley Walls, the sequel and even with Walls' injuries he hasn't really stepped up.

I have higher hopes for Crawford.

8. Piper

Piper Guest

Well, we need someone to step up. Magnum has had plenty of looks, and hasn't, and can't block either. Perhaps Crawford can.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Mangum has great hands but he can't get open worth a damn. At his size he should be more physical but I guess he expects to be like Walls, who runs like he's 220.

Carole, did you happen to notice what side Fields was on?

10. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Wow. I was hoping I caught the CB's at a bad time during the Afternoon practice, where they were burned by Hankton, Jim Turner, and, *ugh* NICK GOINGS.

Made our receivers look awesome.

Also, Smith went down in pain in the PM practice, an event independent of his injury mentioned by Fox from the AM practice. Hopefully he's just needing a waaaambulance.