1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I have a question

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by genesis, Aug 25, 2009.

1. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

I want to give this the answer it deserves, so I need to go back through my research and try to post a reply in a few days.

2. Ignatowski

Ignatowski Full Access Member

Would you agree that a genuine prophecy would require the following five characteristics:

(1) the prophecy must be clear and unambiguous and include a clear description of the agents, actions, localities, time. In other words, it must clearly and unambiguously state the "who", "where", "what" and "when". It should not be open to interpretation.

(2) the prophecy must have been made *before* and not after the event that allegedly fulfills the prophecy. This needs to be established by clear, scientific and historical evidence.

(3) the prophecy must have been made not just *before* an event but far enough in advance of it to make educated guesswork impossible.

(4) the event that allegedly fulfilled the prophecy did in fact happen, fully and exactly as predicted, at the predicted time. The fulfillment needs to be сonclusively established as historical fact by historical evidence and independent, contemporary reports.

(5) the prophecy must not be one that could have been deliberately contrived fulfillment in an attempt to bring about.

Do you have a problem with any of these Hasbeens?

3. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

life is created when cells divide. "i" can't create life, but my cells can.

4. curly

curly Full Access Member

I think that cell division sustains physical life - not "creates" it

5. Scrappy

Scrappy Conservative

Many of the prophets of the Old Testament foretold the life of Christ. I can't think of a prophesy better fulfilled. Of course, if you don't believe, it doesn't matter.

6. Ignatowski

Ignatowski Full Access Member

Like I said , you show me evidence, not just what the bible says but real evidence, and basically follow the guidlines I posted a few posts ago, then i would rethink my position...it shouldn't be that difficult if a prophecy was found to be true...I'll bet you can't find one though.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  7. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

guess it depends on what you view "life" to be. in my estimation, living organisms aren't "alive" as a single entity. rather, they are "alive" as a consequence of their cells all being alive. afterall, it's your cells that contain your dna which is the only thing you physically pass on to your offspring. everything else is an elaborate machine to enable you to pass on your dna.

or you could look at "life" in the bigger sense of the word where the number of individual living things isn't important. in that way, life is like a fire that's been burning for millions of years. there's a single spark, and then a resulting continuous chain reaction of the resulting flames creating new fires...

8. hasbeen99

Nope. I'll narrow my search to fit those parameters.

9. hasbeen99

After checking a couple of my old sources, I was unable to find any prophecies which fulfill the requirements you've listed. Not surprising, as I've never heard of a prophecy of any kind being so precise and detailed.

The obvious question would be, "Why not?" If God is all-knowing, what's with all the vague, artistic language that leaves so much to interpretation? Excellent question. I honestly don't know. I wish that when it comes to telling us what is going to happen, He worked more with direct prose than abstract poetry, but unfortunately the Almighty doesn't seem to want to indulge us in that way.

10. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

Denialism