1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I have a question

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by genesis, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Scrappy

Scrappy Conservative

Uh, no. That argument doesn't fly. While you may make the choice to reject Him initially, you can change. Lots of people do. Sometimes it may take a little age, maturity, and life experience to reach the point where you can make that choice.

Take yourself, for example. I don't know your age, but you're educated, like to analyze everything, and don't appear to be a very happy person. You have all the information you can possibly need to make the choice to accept Christ or not. You seem to be able to deal in only absolutes, logic, and occurrences that can be proven by man. If you base everything you believe in the accomplishments (and shortcomings of Man), you will miss out on the most wonderful, fulfilling knowledge of the Grace of God.

Our time on Earth is but a speck in eternity. Where do want your soul to spend your time when you leave this Earth?

2. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

I can change if I am convinced. That has not yet happened. Is it my fault as a "babe-in-the-woods" or is it your fault for being a sub-par evangelist?

Haha, wrong. I am very happy. I love myself, love my family, love my life. I come here for fun. Even without your religion, I am moral, loyal, and just. I don't lie or cheat (except in board games).

How about this premise; God was invented by man. It is the height of pure arrogance to think that you could achieve "beyond Man" when Man is what you are. Any achievements thus are achievements by Man.

This logic follows the same line of argument you supernaturalists consistently fail to understand regarding the word "natural." All things that exist in Nature; be they man-made chemical compounds, genetically engineered lifeforms, etc, are by definition, natural. Man is a natural creature and his works fall within the category of natural things. It is physically impossible for something to exist and be non-natural. The entire scope of existence, living and non-living, is contained in that which exists in nature.

I see no evidence or hint (other than the words of humans who seem to universally discount logic) that souls are real any more than ghosts are real.

3. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

That's fine. I've known plenty of people who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, yet still went out of their way to sin without any regard to how it would hurt the people around them. Deeds are tangible. Beliefs are not. If God is on their side because they continue to ask forgiveness after the fact, then that's not a God I ever want to meet.

4. Scrappy

Scrappy Conservative

Feel free to blame me if you like. You can't convince someone of anything if he/she doesn't want to be convinced.

It is the height of pure arrogance to think that Man is the ultimate being and that God was invented by Man. As well, Man cannot achieve anything above human capabilities, unless divine gifts are granted by God.

I am well aware that this debate is simply sport to you, but I would urge you to consider it on a much higher level.

5. tharan000

I believe in truth. Once I see the truthfulness of an argument, I switch to it easily and discard whatever affinity I may have had to the previous erroneous position without difficulty. Fee free to bring me into the light anytime.

Whoever said anything about man as the ultimate being? Man is simply Man. God is invented by Man as long as Man invents God. There is no arrogance about that truth whatsoever.

And I to you. There is a higher consciousness than your slave religion. The teachings of Jesus had their place for the subjugated and the meek during his time. It is now time to recognize your place in this Universe and realize you have always been free. You simply need to awaken.

Human beings strive for recognition and dignity, not the mere pursuit of physical trifles and far-off dream worlds. Heaven is where you stand and your children should understand this Truth.

6. wordsworth

wordsworth Full Access Member

Free will is an awesome thing.

7. Scrappy

Scrappy Conservative

I don't know how to reach you, tharan. I hope that something will happen in your life that will help you understand. I also hope it won't be a bad thing. God bless.

8. tharan000

The typical retreat. I can't tell you how many dozens of times I have seen this posture from you supernaturalists. We both know you wish ill on me just so you can feel validated. I have lived with and around your type all my life.

In the meantime, I will continue to thrive and actualize my personality, raise my kids with awareness and compassion, and basically kick ass as I always have.

9. Scrappy

Scrappy Conservative

I wish you no ill at all--quite the contrary. I'm sorry you have an ill-conceived notion of "my type."

Your self-proclaimed notion of your own greatness is really kind of saddening.

Good luck. I would say I will pray for you, but as that would probably make you mad, I'll keep it to myself.

10. tharan000

I don't think of myself as great. Just a man.

On the other hand, your religion elevates you above the unsaved, doesn't it? One pattern I have noticed is how conservatives consistently see their own faults in others. It is a psychological commonality of your personality type.

And your continuous harping on how you are going to pray for me is patronizing and offensive. It would be like me repeatedly telling you at the end of conversations in which I could not convince you of my worldview that I was going to sacrifice a chicken in your name, as if that had some sort of profundity. It doesn't.