1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I grade this draft an A

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Y2Buddy, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Piper

Piper Guest

Most of the comments I've seen is that Wesley is a pure corner. He played some safety, but moved to corner and can play that position well as a press cover guy. A bit of a project, but I don't think we took him as a safety.

I think we are all nervous about Witherspoon. I don't know that I liked any of the weakside backers past Rasheed a whole lot, and can accept Witherspoon as the best of the rest.

Still, there's a dropoff between the two in production.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    A lot of independent and media scouts/analysts suggest a guy like Wesley as a safety because of his raw skill. While a corner kinda has to be able to fill a certain goal for everyone, a safety can fit various roles and for the most part is moldable.

I can't see us having made a safety pick at 100. Wesley is a corner, and could definately make a splash for us later on. He could definately make some impact in, say, the dime set this year, and on special teams. The way I see it, Cousin and Jenkins start this year, and the remaining players fight it out for the nickel, dime, and one or two remaining spots past there. Kinda makes you wonder, since Wesley definately stays, who between Taylor, Vinson, and Harper will make it. Anderson likely starts out on the PUP and therefore one corner might end up getting an eight game tryout.

Then the upgrade over Jenkins comes next year, and Wesley if lucky will be able to overtake Cousin at some point soon after.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2002