1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

HURNEY FIRED

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Blue_, Oct 22, 2012.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Fuck that. He built this team. You can't make a nice meal with a plate full of shit. This is why Fox left. He hired Rivera and put it together. This is all on Hurney

2. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

I'm not going to pretend I'm in the know, because I'm not, but I do some video work around that part of town from time to time, and I do know someone involved with the organization (and who I've worked with) who told me many times what an incredibly nice guy Hurney was...I don't pry, or assume to think he'd tell me too much, and this is not from the horse's mouth, and it's second hand, so it may be worth nothing; BUT - I've heard, and this is way back three weeks ago, but - supposedly some of the players are extremely frustrated with the current regime.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

I am very much against that, since it leads to what we just had. Hurney was "the cap guy," and then got elevated even though he had absolutely no idea how to evaluate players. And more importantly, he didn't understand the practical reality of the salary cap. He didn't get how his actions fit together, and thus that giving multiple bad contracts compound the situation. No, the Panthers need one guy to run things, but unfortunately they're probably not going to get anyone who has already proven to be competent. Taking this job is like trying to convert an outhouse into a luxury bathroom.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Everybody already knows that Hurney is a nice man. That's irrelevant.

5. Purrsy

Fox got fired, he didn't leave. Fox never had back to back winning seasons, and I loved the guy, but he wasn't the end all.

Hurney hired these clowns, true. And Hurney's time was up. The executioner came and cut off his proverbial fucking head, and it had to happen. But he doesn't shoulder the blame alone.

He's gone. Those fucking loop-ass dipshits will still be on the field, unable to prepare well, unable to make good critical decisions on the fly, and unable to win a goddamn game. They're still here. THings aren't going to change anytime soon.

6. Purrsy

I agree actually...I just say that as to...well...I'm not going to jump for joy. I won't celebrate like that. That's all I'm saying.

I think this is a sad day. It's an indication of where we are as a franchise. A wreck. We're a train wreck. None of this is good. And like you said...the damage is extensive and vast. This is like cleaning a nuclear waste zone a day after an atom bomb hit.

Where does one begin????

7. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

By determining which bodies are too irradiated to have sex with?

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Haven't read much and won't say much here while on the road.

Timing makes sense, hope things can move forward. I do have an article handy already on this to publish. I feel it's about 50/50 on it being internal. Willing to bet hard money someone has said Decosta already. Dig harder. Will have my names tonight. Looking forward to positive change.

9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Agreed but HOPEFULLY a bit of optimism is available. Hurney's bad decisions have severely fucked this team. Next year could make this year look great but at least I hope we can start to get out from underneath this mess. Got to get out from under the bad contracts, suck up the dead money and move on hopefully with a legitimate plan

10. y2b

y2b King of QC

SWEEEEEEET!!