1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

How much local programming can we take?

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by smashmouth5, Jun 24, 2004.

1. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

I think we've all figured it out that Penner is coming back to Charlotte. If 610 adds another local show from 12-3 that would give us local sports talk from 6-10, 12-3, and 3-7. Is there enough to talk about in Charlotte and the surrounding area to cover 11 hours of sports talk per day. I thought that was why they did away with all the local programming they had on before and just went with the MSP and Primetime. Will Penner have his own show or will they put him on MSP or Primetime? Just a thought.

2. markinconcord

markinconcord Full Access Member

If it is Penner...

it would be much more national in scope. He talked about all sorts of sports and teams not just the local teams and a lot less you suck. I think he also is a big wrestlin' fan.

3. ElliousSwanigan

ElliousSwanigan Not in the Media Guide

That is 100% correct. Sandy and Steve, and then later Jim Noble actually broke down games and teams instead of "throwing people under the bus,"
    "calling people out," etc.

And their "It's A Mistake" segment about the Charlotte Observer stills makes me laugh today.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I don't really care much about what they do, but one suggestion might be that they're trying to bring him back, to cover local more, and having Pack do regional more on the show. If one would suggest Pack's show has any sort of planning attached to it.

5. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

That would be a good idea. With Primetime branching out into other markets, maybe they would do things with more of a South East feel and let Penner work on the local area.

Either way, I'm glad Penner is heading back this way. And he is a huge wrestling fan, or was when he left.