1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

How many times we blitzed

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by gopanthers40, Oct 8, 2005.

1. gopanthers40

gopanthers40 Full Access Member

With all the talk about how many times we do (or rather don't) blitz, I decided to count the times we blitzed on Monday night when Favre dropped back to pass. I'm sure we blitzed on running plays, but I only counted the times Favre dropped back to pass. Favre was 28/47 for the game. There were a couple of plays that were nulified by penalties. He was sacked once. He also tucked it and ran once. By my count, he dropped back to pass 55 times. Of those 55 times, we blitzed him 13. Of those 13 blitzes, we only brought one extra guy (rushed 5) 10 times. We brought 6 twice and only brought 7 one time. Of the times we didn't blitz, there were 2 times we only rushed 3 and also 2 times we only rushed 2.

I think it's pretty sad we only blitzed 13 times when Favre dropped back 55 times. The thing that really gets me is we only blitzed 6 or more 3 times!!! No wonder our guys aren't getting sacked. By the way, the 1 time we sent 7, Favre had to throw it away.

The thing I find the most irritating is most of our blitzes were delayed blitzes. I keep hearing about the opposing QBs using 3 step drops to get the ball out quickly. Why on earth would we use delayed blitzes? By the time the Linebacker or Safety starts to come in on the blitz, the QB has already thrown the ball.

Please Fox and Trgovac don't wait until it's too late (like last year) to start bringing the heat!!!

2. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Delayed Blitzes, ouch! No reason to do that if the other team QB is doing the 3 step tango.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Blitzing at all against a three step drop would be ineffectual. Many of our fans really need to learn something about football before they give me an aneurysm.

4. UNCfever

There are a lot of things people need to learn, yourself included!

5. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

I have found that if you apply Eulers equation of complex analysis to the problem of what is wrong with the Panthers defense

[​IMG]

You still come out to the conclusion that Collins thinks you do not know shit..

What a conundrum!

6. gopanthers40

gopanthers40 Full Access Member

Why must you be yourself? I would rather read rediculous posts from trolls of other teams than your jackass posts.

7. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Oh my. :mushy:

8. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

I'm having a real problem on how soft our corners are playing WRs and TEs. We keep giving a 5-10 yd cushion and we get burned for a long reception. That makes me SO mad and drives me crazy! I guess that's a result of our blitzing, but it drives me NUTS!!!!!! :banginghe :banginghe

9. UNCfever

Was kinda nice! :229031_ha

10. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Alot of the trouble was guys not tackling on first contact.