1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

How long will Jake play in the game?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by pantherguy, Sep 16, 2009.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    you know, there's more to being a top young QB than just learning on the job.
    Maybe Moore has that, but while they like him physically, he's not really put it together. He would've started to show more if it was all there. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

2. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

Yeah Moore def. hasn't impressed too much in his recent opportunities. Some people still think he's a great young guy with potential, and by some people I mean Chris Mortensen. Read an article where they mentioned him recently so I think he'll stick around for a bit.

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

If Moore were any good he would have done more against the Eagles who were in mop up mode when he came in.

4. UNCdubya

UNCdubya Full Access Member

when a QB comes in to relieve in a blowout its not exactly a secret he'll be throwing the ball. jake plans to start all offseason and he turns it over 5 times, i dont think the emergency QB getting thrown into the game on a whim is any type of situation to evaluate.

5. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

Nm

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I mean it's not like Moore is a lost cause, but in the fan community overall there's some sort of expectation he's owed to be our QB.

7. CosmikCatNip

CosmikCatNip of myth and lore

well, they point to him notching wins against a struggling seattle team making a cross-country trip, and tampa's jv squad. and not taking anything away, those were wins in a year that seemed hard to find wins, but i guess for most, to borrow some foxspeak, it beats the alternative.

for me, i'm not sure. i think we need change at the top. and to answer that inevitable next question, i don't know who i'd want. don't know that i care at this exact moment. i know this though, i'm tired of 7-9. i'm tired of up and down. i'd rather have a couple of years of ineptitude if it meant positive and real growth for tomorrow. i don't see us being close to anything, we tread water, 1 good year, 1 so-so year, and back again. an exercise in frustration, nothing more.