1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Holy mackerel!

Discussion in 'Money & Finance Forum' started by jazzbluescat, Dec 9, 2008.

1. jazzbluescat

jazzbluescat superstar...yo.

Here I am shitting bricks worrying about my/the economy and I went and bought stock(in BP). I'm not a wealthy individual, don't have a job and am relying totally on the Stock Market. What the hail wuz I thinking!?

Anybody else buying and worrying as much as me?

2. reb

reb 1riot1reb

I'm thinking about buying a lot in Cramerica. That dude is a salesman... where's my cross.

3. spud

spud Full Access Member

I have like 100 bucks taken out of my paycheck, so I'm buying and HOPING it bounces back and meanwhile getting some cheap stocks.

4. jazzbluescat

jazzbluescat superstar...yo.

My money man sez BP and the banks are good investments, not meaning to sound flippant.

scenario: I ask the money man "Should I sell my Mutual Funds?" He sez "Why?" wtf "Because my portfolio is dwindling faster than I'm spending it." The money man says "Don't worry, we have a downturn in the economy every three years." I say, "Yes, but this downturn is much worse than usual." He goes on to say "Don't you remember the 2002 downturn? It was worse than this one."
    Anyhow, he sweet talks and sooths, reels me in and I whind up buying more stock. Damn, I'm gonna die penniless on the street...