1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Hey Larry.......

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by Fred, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Fred

Fred .........

..do you vote on the Sweet 16? If so, you may wanna give my Lady Patriots a little thought. I'd hate for Freedom's girls to come in 2nd at the end of the year to some pussy private school like Victory. We were number 2 last week with one first place vote. They are killer this year; lost one to McDowell by 4 and came back the next time they met and whipped McDowell like a red-headed step child by 20+. They also lost to WS Carver (the #1 3A team at the time) by one point in double OT in the big Xmas tourney in Clt.

2. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

nope. i don't vote in the sweet 16. and, as martha says, that's a good thing.

3. Fred

Fred .........

well can u put in a good word with that black guy that Gutter is always making fun of? ;)

4. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Yeah Larry - and speaking of Gutter's friend Langston - can't you bend his arm a little and make him take care of all the potty mouth high schoolers on chlt.com?

Isn't that his ball field?

5. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i dont think he's registered over there. he asked me to make him a moderator, but i told him he had to register first. i havent heard back form him.

i go in the high school forums and ban about 5 names each week.

they think they are in the locker room over there. i get emails/phone calls from coaches, parents, administrators -- everyone looks at that board.

i got one from tommy knotts the other day sayingthat he wasn't recruiting kids on his cell phone like they were saying on the board.

6. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

Speaking of Langston, I've got a great story. Back when the Observer used to have a Sports Media column, Langston wrote it. About 4 years ago I was an intern at a local television station. We were all good buddies with the guys over at FNZ, they were basically still new. We went to cover C.J. leaks college coice press conference, and were were getting soundbites from CJ after the presser. Some dude from another radio station looked at langston and said, "Hey, we're the only radio station here Langston. Be sure to write that down." Well me and the guy I was with decided tha twas a pretty prick thing to say in front of everybody else, so we called FNZ on my cell phone to ask them if they wanted Leak to come on the show. They said sure. So I gave my cell phone to Leak and asked him to call in. He did and Langston wrote something that week saying that the radio host "incorrectly thanked Leak for calling in, when in fact two WFNZ employees came to Leak and handed in a cell phone." That's what Langston wrote, when actually, it was an employee of a tv station and an intern. I heard that he got suspended for that misinformation, but I don't know if that was actually true or not.