1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Has anybody read

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by jazzbluescat, Apr 14, 2009.

1. jazzbluescat

jazzbluescat superstar...yo.

DIRTY WHITE BOYS by Stephen Hunter?

Thoughts?

2. FAN01

FAN01 Full Access Member

Very good book. I enjoy Hunter quite a bit and I'm a fan of Bob "the nailer", a central character is many of his books. The movie, "The Shooter", is based on one of them.

I read Dirty White Boys about 10 years ago and remember enjoying it a whole hell of a lot.

3. jazzbluescat

Hey, great, FAN01, I'll have to investigate it further.
    Right now I'm into Robert B. Parker's novels. I'm hooked. :)

4. FAN01

FAN01 Full Access Member

Mmmm, I wasn't familiar with Parker but after some google searches his work looks interesting. I'm going to put him on my list.

The last few books I've read this month were Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. It was ok. Not one of his legal thrillers.

Then my wife read Twilight in just under 24 hours. I laughed at her. Then I picked it up and read it in just under 48 hours. Who knew? Very easy to read and the story keep me turning the pages. Saw the movie though, it sucked.

I just finished Autumn by David Moody. It's a end of the world zombies thing that's been done a million times but I absolutely love the genre. It was really good. You can find it as a free download online. There are 3 or 4 more books in the series but they're only in print in German. He just got an American publisher but the books won't be out til later this year. No telling when the 2nd one will be released.

Nothing on tap now. Need to go to the library.

5. jazzbluescat

Parker's stuff is very easy to read, and humorous, both in his writing style and in the characters. His Spenser character was the idea for the old TV show "Spenser For Hire."

I get most of my reads from a used book store. Then I trade them back in for half of what I paid.

The current read is "THE STONE MONKEY" by Jeffery Deaver. It's a little better than OK, but still slow going because I'm having to learn stuff as I go in order to keep up with the story.

Another Parker novel is waiting in the wings.

6. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Ready for August!

Parker is really a good author though I haven't read anything fiction since 1992.