1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

had my keeper league draft last night -- missed out on a few

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Forum' started by LarryD, Aug 28, 2006.

1. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i wanted:

QB -- jake delhomme
    RB -- jerius norwood
    WR -- matt jones
    WR -- troy williamson

i got snaked on all those guys. they went just before i picked.

remember, my scoring is different than traditional leagues. touchdowns don't mean much in our league -- it's yardage, catches, completions, etc.

we get bonus points for TD scores of 50+ yards. and it's a keeper league (that's why i really wanted norwood).

well, I ended up with:

QBs: Drew Bledsoe, Jon Kitna, Philip Rivers

RBs: Steven Jackson, Larry Johnson, Michael Bennett, Greg Jones, Maurice Morris, Leon Washington

WRs: Anquan Boldin, Deion Branch, Plaxico Burress, Andre Johnson, Ernest Wilford

K: Neil Rackers

D: Carolina

---------------------

QB: i wanted delhomme or favre (late) -- tried to trade for delhomme, but the owner wanted to wait until the draft was over. still may get him, but i'm becoming attached to these three (especially if TO comes in).

RB: i was set with jackson and johnson. i took some valuable backups: bennett (larry johnson), greg jones (fred taylor) and maurice morris (shaun alexander). and my one homer pick was leon washington. RBs went early and often in our league -- there wasn't much to pick from. especially after getting snaked on norwood.

WR: i like my starting receivers. if branch signs (or gets traded to philly) that's a bonus.

K: we value long-distance FGs, so this is the #1 kicker.

D: we value sacks, turnovers and bonus-point defensive TDs, so this is the #1 defense.

2. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

ok, so greg jones is done...i guess i go after maurice drew.

3. patsfansince85

patsfansince85 Yes, really!

I'm glad you are confident in these three, because I would not be. If Dallas starts off rocky, how short of a leash will Drew be on?

Kitna is starting to age, though I think he could actually bring Detroit up from it's level of current suck.

Rivers, with some time, will be pretty solid. He's the only one I'd be OK with.