1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Grading Round One - The Winners, The Losers, and The TBD

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Apr 30, 2021.

1. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Collin and rake like this.
  2. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Earned the hype surrounding him yes but evolving into franchise quarterback is like you said rare- earned hype guarantees only better odds but I fear Lawrence specifically is still at the mercy of the jags just as luck propped up grigson/Pagano and lost his career over it.

Collin likes this.
  3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I don't think Jacksonville has had a good offseason outside of drafting Trevor Lawrence. They had tons of free agent additions and draft picks but no one that really moves the needle. The Andrew Luck Colts might end up being spot on. Some solid years, but mostly unfulfilled potential.

Collin likes this.
  4. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

5. rake

rake Need one of these

So we’d get an A+ and probably be the odds on favorite to win the damn super bowl . ... IF we had just picked Fields instead of Horn!

6. morningwood

morningwood Pay for Performance

Grades. Talking heads. No o ok me knows how these or any player(s) will pan out in the league. A standout college career does not an NFL roster.

At face value, and as pointed out by Presidence, Christensen may be depth only, assuming he makes the final roster. The same can be said for any player. I like the windfall of picks, but only time will tell who will be a pro. Certainly hedges your bets by having more personnel to evaluate.

7. rake

rake Need one of these

Solid point. “more personnel” equals more potential upgrades. Carolina has about two dozen new bodies so far and from all I can tell at least 9 or 10 are decent bets on being upgraded talent.
    I’m down to just being seriously concerned over ONE position. I’m confident that the panthers are equipped to be a fucking competitive WINNING team now, especially if LT is significantly upgraded (by somebody!) by week one.

8. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I put most teams in the TBD category for a reason, and I only graded round 1. I would shuffle some teams around after evaluating the entire draft.

It's true that you can't predict the future, but you can still grade based on value. Bad value is bad value and those picks typically don't pan out over time. The opposite is also true, obviously. The 2018 Colts had a dominant draft class largely because Nelson, Leonard, and Braden Smith were all value selections.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Bull Moose likes this.