1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Giggle City

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by gerryv, Dec 14, 2002.

1. lj4three

lj4three Guest

hey gerry- what do you think about the potential ramifications next week of a panther-saint season finale?? NOLA gets the hornets, and the panthers potentiall keep the saints out of the playoffs, IF the panthers win. If the Giants win, they're in. If the falcons win, they're in. If the Giants lose and the saints win, the saints are in. If the falcons lose and the Saints win, then the saints are in. Basically, the saints HAVE to win against carolina to have a chance at the postseason. i'm sure the panthers will be fired up- i'd love to send the saints packing for christmas and send them to an earlier than expected nba game.

2. gerryv

gerryv Guest

chalk outline around the saints!

Right now there is a chalk outline around a dead body we call the saints...they keep saying how the defense has been doing a decent job and unless i'm watching thru some lyin eyes i see a team thats given up 20 or more points so many times this year its a crime.......TOE TAG EM!!! the loss to Cincy has em on a slab of ice...the sad thing is no one has stopped by to claim the body!!!

Fans down here are calling for a coaching change..to many tease seasons...last three to be exact......i grew up a Giant fan so my heart is being pulled in all directions........Happy holiday!!!

3. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Guest

V what is the attendance like in New Orleans. Not the sold tickets the actual number of folks attending games

4. gerryv

gerryv Guest

sorry for the delay

Panther Paul: sorry for the delay..the 14 day road trip and travel for Christmas knockedme out....we played last nite vs dallas..and leave again today for three days......your question about the # of fans....the place seats 17,200....we average 14,500 per nite..some have been sell outs...last nite was SRO....Philly...opening nite...... etc.....the seats are very close to the floor so it makes for a nice home court advantage........
    into the new year will tell us more about the fans....lots of passion down here for the Saints and we're now seeing lots of the Hornets apparel on folks and kids..( new store outside the arena just opened.......congrats on your new teamin charlotte....Happy New year to you!!!

5. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

Re: sorry for the delay

Is it hatred? :D Sorry to knock them out of the playoffs. NOT!! :D

Seriously though, how about that Continental Tire Bowl? Over 73,000. What a blast. You shoulda been there GerryV.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Guest

Re: Re: sorry for the delay

Most fans there in buildings history

7. gerryv

gerryv Guest

Great crowd & How "bout them Aints?"

Silversurfer congrats with the great crowd in Charlotte for the football game....the college scene was alive and kickin from what i
    've read and heard and seen on the news.......as i said earlier the Saints were nothing but a body with a chalk line around it...HUGE headlines in the paper today about the loss to Carolina...at least you folks leave the season on a positive note the way you finished up the last few weeks.....CONGRATS!!!!!

8. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Guest

Are the NO Hornets going to keep the name Hornets or are they going to change to establish some New Orleans roots

9. gerryv

gerryv Guest

the name game!!

ok lets answer the question about the name selling......i love the idea of the New Orleans Jazz or the Blues etc.......if Charlotte wants the Hornets name that would be a nice solid.......of course i can see them wanting to start over but a team name is one that sticks over the years.....how 'bout the Charlotte Cagers???...thats what they called hoop players when the game started...good idea???

Parcells to Dallas!!! Igrew up as a Giants fan and a big fan of Parcells but asking me to follow him to Dallas?? ya gotta be kiddin me right??....can't wait for Spurrier vs Parcells

The are killin the Saints down here..i make a comment as a guest on a talk show( i make the same comment during a Hornets radio game..." Its 7:20 PM and stiil noone has gone or even called the morgue to claim the body of the Saints"...." all that sleft of the Saints is the chalk outline that was around the body"

The response was amazing....ya thought i took the pope hostage! after a few calls however we had guys calling in and doing their version of the Saints 911 call after the Panther game!
    I wish you could have heard guys that have been fans for over 20 or so years go ga-ga......

Panthers inflicted alot of pain on the folks down here!!!

I gotta give ya credit ya smacked em!!!

Next question...Should the league give Belkin his 1 million dollar application fee back?? Consider thefact that Johnson was the man from the start....Charlotte got dangled into thinking it was gonna be Larry Bird...and should Lynn Wheeler get her money back for the new dress she bought( the one she was going to wear at the Belkin & Bird party??

Any playoff special picks out there??????