1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Giggle City

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by gerryv, Dec 14, 2002.

1. DA_MAN

DA_MAN Guest

the brain...

That number must not be showing up in the Arbitron's as they are in 12th place (11th of FM stations, WBT 1110 has an FM component, but they are considered an AM station).

http://www.radioandrecords.com/Subscribers/ratings/ratmain.asp?mkt=chl

I personally don't get 106.5 the END, but then again, my radio is on WBT AM 70% of the time and WFNZ 25%.

2. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

V, how have your talks gone with Robert Johnson so far? Are you suprised that McColl is in the mix now? Is there anyone else to follow McColl's lead in minority ownership?

3. gerryv

gerryv Guest

response to queen city

queen city!! how goes it??!.......not suprised at all about McColl buying into a part of the team......when and if he decides to sell of his portion he'll get the money and then some back.......lets see how the " decesions" will be made......will it be made by the hean of backetball operations or by a group.....i think Johnson picks his guys and lets them do their job............no longer see Jordan being a part of this......why would he leave washington to join another minority owner when in time he can own his own team in washington.....also i see Magic johnson expanding some of his programs in charlotte......programs for kids and real estate...
    remember i said on the show last year that Magic had already met with McColl well before the owner ship changed hands.........

the trickle down effect on all this could spur some interesting development in charlotte.....also remember the group of guys that own alot of the real estate downtown......they'll make lots of money...its all connected....just follow the dots and you can make the connections.........which isn't a bad thing if yo ulook at it as pure business...

i like what Johnson said about.....it won't matter who or what he is if the team doesn't eventually win........

last comment...i'll throw out the name of Larry Drew as a possible guy for the head job...he and magic are tight and Johnson said he'll talk to magic....which by the way if magic own a small % of the Lakers should he be consulting with Johnson???just a thought

thanks for the call!!!

4. Piper

Piper Guest

Hey gerry!!! Let's switch gears to Panthers now.

This time last year, the Panthers had no O, no D, no GM, no direction in the front office.

Well a year later, still no O, but looks like we got a strong D, and a GM, and at least a direction on what we'd like to do.

What's your thoughts on that direction so far, and where we should go? What's missing? A game breaking running back, with a game manager at QB? Draft a QB? What fits here.

5. cantgetright

cantgetright Guest

V- is Larry Drew, Bryce's dad from Valpo? Also Belkin was FNZ the day after the announcement and Celenia asked if he knew who Johnson would bring in and he said he had heard Johnson was talking to Tapscott and somebody from Indiana- Who could it be from Indiana? Have you heard? Is it Zeke? Would he give up coaching the Pacers and take a 2nd dip in the management pool?

6. gerryv

gerryv Guest

final calls for tonite!!!

Lets wrap up th eshow tonite withthe final two calls..i have to pack and fly to San Antonio texas....man what a road trip..won tonite at the buzzer vs seattle....tractor trailor misses two gimmie free throws that could have won it...in the OT.....he tips in a missed shot to win!!!!!...ok now to the calls..

cantgetit right- as i mentioned in another post to another caller i think the guy in Indy is Quinn Buckner...he's in some type of role in Indy....front office etc....i think Isiah is enjoying the coaching with a club on the up tick....Drew is not bryce drews dad ....he;s an assistant in the nba...its just one of the names that may service.......Buckenr was not very popular when he was the head coach in dallas.....he tried to be a bobby knight type.....more later as i hear stuff..

Piper- lets talk panthers...first of all they need to re evaluate how decesions are made...the GM needs to be the guy that makes the calls..that not the deal right now....regardless of what they say this arriving to decesions with meetingsis a bunch of wasted time....the organization needs to toughen up in that regard....Mark Richardson is not the guy to be part of any of that....they over estimated their clout....may need a new radio deal unless they come off the price with fox......to many mistakes in player evalutions...richardsons comments about drafting and signing just quality folks wqs a huge smoke screen..the panic over took them.

Remember the vets that brought in..reggie white etc...blew up in their face...weinke..another boo-boo.......1.fix the front office
    2. re-think how you evaluate talent 3.the qb situation may have set them back unless they sign an established player.....i could go on and on but i'll do that on another nite....the inner problems with SIEFERT were huge......drafts have been rather poor....

The concern and the worry is very big...they know the fan base will slip..PSL folks feel jobbed.....talent pool hasn't delivered and
    team character is comical......they are very very worried about the next two years...haven't shown any real progress as far a pleasing the fan base and the wins......how long will fans wait in charlotte??..not very long....lets talk about this in greate rdetail later....gotta sleep and catch an early plane........chow!!! GV

7. gerryv

gerryv Guest

Many thanks for the fun!!

Thanks to everyone for the fun during the " This Board Rocks version of the Gerry V Show" It helped during a 15 day road trip.We play the Spurs on Monday then its a few days in Charlotte for me!!!
    Wishing all of you a Very Happy Christmas!!! Be safe and good health to all of you!!! I'll visit again on other topics!!

Again Many thanks for the fun!!!!..Happy New Year !!!!!

8. dig-it

dig-it Guest

Gerry V I want to say I remember the show you you did about your mom in the hospital. I`m not going to give the specifics, but to say it touched me then and I remember it now. Thanks.

9. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Okay Gerry-V... College B-Ball question... how good would UNC be with a blue chip center???? they seem to be solid and fast already, but their playing a lot of tall small forwards as their post men... any team with a solid scoring big man can give them fits... but do you think adding a 5 star center they'd be a top 5 team?

10. gerryv

gerryv Guest

More questions!!!!

The show refuses to die!!!!

Dig it- calls in!!! Thanks for the comments......i remember that day.the last time i saw her was the day i made her laugh in the hospital when i told her i had to borrow some of her underwear
    ..and how lite womens undies felt..i told her i felt quicker and they allowed me to jump higheretc...i told her i took a few extra pairs for my friends to try.....she laughed and told me i was nuts since i was a kid......she passed on while i ws on the return flight going home to charlotte......i hope all is ok with your mom.....
    did you remember the story becasue of your mom???? I hope all is well.....thanks....

Brain- Happy holiday!!! good question......having a solid big guy in the post could help any team...those times when you have to get it in the post for a score....or when you help on the defensive end...( i'm watching carolina whack flastate as i write this....a big man that is mobile allows you to extend your pressure as he can sit in the lane and change or block shocks.......that would be a nice final touch...unless they go with a 6-9 runner type to trap etc.....but yes it would be a nice sprinkle on the current team.....
    it would make thema very very tough team.....good team now that will get better....good question...i know getting a center is a major goal for their recruiting......GV