1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Giggle City

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by gerryv, Dec 14, 2002.

1. gerryv

gerryv Guest

Lets see if i can still do this right....( clearing my throat)..ok here goes...." Lots of lights on the board....its off to Gastonia..lets say hi to Mike!.." hello Mike!!......22 past the hour..coming up next
    the new owners for the Hornets will be???.I know and i'm gonna tell ya.. also....Why all the arguments inside the Panther building and who does Steve Smith think he's jivin.......plus hey LeBaron James...grab the green and run...all the reasons why comin up next........Property taxes towards the new arena??? PLus a few new tidbits from Lynn Wheelers new CD....."It Ain't the Jive i'm Dishin its the Money i'm Wishin For"........Remeber Tyronne Poole?
    Why did the Panthers really get rid of him????

2. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Hey V :wave: :wave: . . . .

New Arena: Hmmmmmm, don't folks here wish they approved the original arena deal back in 1995(?) They could've had a new arena for the now dirt cheap price of $165 million . . . Shinn would've put up most of the dough and the city would've only had to put up a small amount . . . But nooooooooooooooooooo, the anti-tax/anti-growth crowd had to cry "We want a referendum . . . Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes: " . . . Now the price tag is up to $200 million+, the city is responsible for any cost overruns (and don't tell me the new arena's final price tag won't be at least $20-30 million over budget . . . The site prep is going to cost more money than expect, cost of material will go up, etc. . . . Heads are going to roll on the City Council once the final bill comes in). Folks here learned the hard way its always cheaper to keep what you have vs. going out and getting a new team (see Cleveland Browns return, St. Louis bringing the Rams to town, etc.)

New CLT NBA Owner will be . . . . Robert Johnson!!!!! The league would love the buzz at having the first African-American owner in sports here in town . . . Perhaps he puts a BET club/restaurant in the New Uptown Arena maybe :) ? ? ?

Micheal Jordan's Hand is Caguht in the Cookie Jar Again: Hmmmmm, everybody were breaking Shinn's balls over his sexual escapdes . . . Would the press/public have done the same if they found out what their favorite basketball player from their favorite university has done I-F he had bought the Hornets :rolleyes: ? ? ?

I'll listen off the air V for your response (7AM now . . time to take my butt home to bed) :) . . ..

3. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

Because his name rhymed with stool and he played like another word for stool?

Speaking of stool samples, you got a little Shinn on your nose V.
    (Just kidding...I was a huge fan and I miss your show)

4. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

wow... I'm confused:confused:

5. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Guest

Can you say imposter?

6. gerryv

gerryv Guest

Back from the Break!!

OK welcome back..lets toss out a few things...first of all money is short on this planet....folks have lost jobs.....layoffs..the holidays are coming..we may take part in a full scale war and The Under the Bus guy takes his contract problems public? Yeah nice message......wouldn't the private route be better...he's ready to walk??? Yeah right..settle down big fella sign your gig .....when ya take stuff like this public it opens you up....chill......sign.....
    work on giving the fans the best show you can......fame is fleeting...a new guy comes in and in a matter of a few weeks your blip is off the screen...

Panther have passed anything the Cowboys ever did in their heyday of problems...like i saidmany times..the worst thing Jerry Richardson ever did was go public with that speech about CHARACTER......you shot yourself in the mouth with that message..cause its impossible to stock an NFL roster with Hallmark card type guys....the sport doesn't allow everyone to be normal..its a game of untamed personalities...you need a few crazy guys to win in the NFL........Panthers have so many issues to deal with...the crumble from within is happening and it needs to be fixed.......Yeah and i remember when some of you fans thought all Weinke needed was the shotgun formation.......
    better get a winner soon or it will be Blowup doll night..cause thats all that will be in the seats..

we'll be back its 18 past the hour.....out of the break Trent Lott joins me in the studio..he swears Allen Iverson is his best friend...Find out why Lott thinks owning an NBA team is the route to go for him to improve his life..plus Jesse Jackson on the phone!!!...Hang out with us!!!!

Insert commericial break here)

7. gerryv

gerryv Guest

yo sds!!

right on with the comment!! i asked on the air in charlote a few times how would the and the 'suits" react if Jordan was indeed an owner.....how would city council handle this.."lets forgive and forget cause he provided us with so many memories???.....
    that would have been a classic topic if it happened and how would the paper handle it?????

would fans stay away...my ole "box score theory" would maybe hold true....guys with major profiles that wowed you in their play days get more room to play......what if anything comes out about an owner???......hey what if anythng got out about a city leader??

Somtimes ya gotta ask yourself.."how much do you want to know and how much can you handle?"

thanks for the mail

8. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

you scare me

9. Piper

Piper Guest

V???? Keith Poole????? The guy Dan Marino publicly reffered to as toast in Indy?

Anyway, I heard on TNT about Shinn taking a more public stance in New Orleans, saying in effect thatm in hindsight, Ridge didn't really handle the Charlotte situation by being secrative and less accessible.

Do you think that if Shinn had maintained more control over both the negotiations and the public front, that things might have gone better. I never liked how Ridge handled the whole thing, its sort of like putting some pink flamingoes up to hide a bad paint job of a multi-million dollar home. Just get a new paint job.

10. gerryv

gerryv Guest

I'm on a 14 day road trip so i'm snappin my brain a lil..back to the calls...you're right Brain I even scare myself .....sometimes the dots fall off my dominoes.....lets go to Piper!..Piper I think if Shinn was more in the fore front the deal would have wroked out differently...i still stick to my economic blackmail storyline which was proven to be correct with how quickly the city worked on getting another team and they don't even know who the owner is.....to much of th personel stuff clouded up everything.......now Shinn is on the expansion commitee...........keep bangin the pots with those wooden spoons guys ..we'll be back ....coming up next

Dick Cheney joins us live to defend himself!!" Hell no i was never a prn star!"..that and Pete Rose says " I'll get into the hall of Fame cause I have picture!"..Pictures of whom??? Find out next!

Don't move cause if you do ya gonna miss something!!