1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Gameday

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Elric, Oct 30, 2011.

1. y2b

y2b King of QC

Kasay on pace for career year

2. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

fuck you, steve smith and olindo mare. you owe me $100 for fucking the over point total up.

3. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Saints offense gives him lots of chances. I have him in FF because of that and the dome environment.

4. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Heartbreaking, heartbreaking loss.

Defense is getting better. We're still blowing coverages. And Gamble....damn...he could've put that game away if he makes the tackle. Shame on Gamble. That should never happen again. What happened to Rivera's big speech on improving tackling? The defense still whiffs on so many tackles...we're just not physical anymore.

Third down, man. Fuck. Really, we lost two linebackers and a DT. I mean, we are always saying this D is crippled. We have to be able to overcome some injuries and not completely fall apart.

Whatever. They're truly getting better, and that's mildly inspiring. Maybe we can eventually can aspire to be ranked like, 14th or 15th overall one day.

Cam Newton didn't have a great day, but goddamn, double up on Allen. Too often, we were singling him. Gross got his lunch eaten yesterday.

Slowly, our offense is becoming more balanced, and it's going to help us against those grinding defenses. I like that. We're still finding ourselves. And it is getting better.

Mare can go fuck himself.

I'm not sold that we are teaching these guys the fundamentals, and I'm worried that our staff is just average. We are doing some really good things, and we shouldn't be losing like this. The team knows it. They say it. I want the errors that can be corrected, corrected.

The defense limping is what it is. We will struggle there, and I get it. You can literally watch guys panic and vacate their gaps and leave contain to run out and make a play, and no matter how often Rivera and McDermott tell them not to, if they do they do. And then we get gashed. So I get that- but the penalties, the poor fundamentals, the awful tackling, poor discipline....that worries me. Those things aren't getting better.

I see what JH has done with the Niners, who granted, have a better defense than we have.....it can be done. He just finds ways. Although he also doesn't have the damn schedule we have....

....but I wonder if Jerry Richardson would remember his name now.

5. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

yeah.

Ya know...it's depressing to think about how this team has been managed. Hurney is just God awful.

For so many things, Kasay among them.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Neither of the tight ends are "very good." Shockey is giving good effort, but is miscast as the main blocker. Meanwhile Olsen is 10th in yards among tight ends, but has been targeted fifth most at his position, so his catch percentage is actually below average. Inconsistent hands seemed to be the most common criticism from Bears fans, and I think they were correct.