1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Frank Reich it is

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Jan 26, 2023.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Evidently, Marquand Manuel interviewed very well. What has he done anywhere that really stood out. Atlanta defensive coordinator? Really? Jets safety coach? Someone sell me on him

2. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

I know I have mentioned already, but Brian Johnson from the Eagles could be our OC target. He is QB coach and turned Hurts into a pretty decent player. Eagles head coach and OC both are from Reich coaching tree and if the QB coach there can take a young draft pick, whether Corral or someone new, and make something of them, then we are off and running.

DC, yeah, not sure what we are waiting on. Seemed like we got outbid for Fangio, which was not supposed to happen. Wilks coming back would be nice on paper, but doubt you'd want that in house with the possible friction it could cause.

3. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

We need to stop pretending that tepper is going to open up the scrooge mcduck safe for this team and outbid everyone for stuff. He already showed as much when it came to the turf. And the practice facility.

dig-it likes this.
  4. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

No, he really didn't. Reich literally had a different quarterback every year - Luck, Brissett, Rivers, Wentz, and Ryan. Despite this absurd fact, he kept that team competitive every year until the owner bukkaked their 2022 season. You keep mentioning they were 3-5-1, but 3-5-1 was a contender in the AFC South (Jacksonville started 3-7), so we'll never even know how Indy's season could have turned out. All we know is that the Colts looked much worse without him.

You're saying Wilks deserved the job because you like him better, which is fine. Just say that.

5. y2b

y2b King of QC

Wilks had more QB's in 12 games, and won more games. I have always liked Reich a lot, was a huge fan of him in Buffalo and was excited we got him in the expansion draft. His kids went to school with my gf's kids, and knew each other here. If Rhule had been fired at the end of the season, prob feel different. I think Wilks is the better coach. I think he proved it beyond any doubt. Only problem is, he wasn't white. And I think Reich sounded like a fucking idiot in that presser, we should be worried. Very worried.

Not a fan of Stephen A Smith, but he nailed it right on the head with this one.

6. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

If you're doing the race thing, could you at least call Tepper a racist? I think it's a dumb, tired, annoying argument, but you could at least give us the satisfaction of smearing the owner, instead of blaming everything on "the system" or whatever.

7. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

So, you're painting yourself into a corner. If Reich takes the Panthers to a 10-7 year will you still be perpetually unhappy with the team? Maybe you'll try to reason that out by saying he was using Wilks' players.
    I don't know anyone here that didn't like and respect Wilks as a person and a coach, but what good does it do to keep promoting conspiracies?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  8. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Several teams wanted Reich. It was good he wanted to be in Charlotte, otherwise he could have gone to AZ or Denver, basically anywhere but Houston, where Ryan, who played for the Texans, was destined to land.

How many black head coaches should the league have? by population, it would be 4

What are we basing all the numbers game on anyway?
    Should we base players using the same matrix? Slippery slope

9. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Brady will not be our transition QB for sure. He retired.......again

10. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Bolt Up

The fact that people actually believe Wilks didn't get hired because of his skin color blows my mind. If Tepper was a racist why would he promote him in the first place? He could have promoted Mcadoo. I was hoping Wilks would get the job because I like him but I feel like Reich was the right choice especially since Tepper made it known he wanted and offensive minded coach from the beginning. Excited to see how the offense does under a guy like him.