1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Frank Reich it is

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Jan 26, 2023.

1. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I guess that would make sense. He's part of that Philadelphia/Indy pipeline now.

3. y2b

y2b King of QC

2022 (9 games under Reich): 27th in yards, 30th in scoring

No

4. canesin4

canesin4 Full Access Member

Barry is it true that you take two knees when someone pulls their pole out?

5. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

Ask your fat whore wife.

6. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

So we're looking at sample sizes that support our thesis instead of a five year body of work?

What about Wilks going 3-13 in Arizona while having the 32nd ranked offense? Does any of that count?

7. canesin4

canesin4 Full Access Member

She doesn't have a pole you crazy polesucker.

8. y2b

y2b King of QC

No. Last year Wilks was a better coach with a team someone else built and with the best player traded away. Reich was the lessor coach last year with the team he built, and the best player sucked.

Reich had access to everything he needed to be successful in Indy. Wilks in Arizona did not.

Regardless, Tepper should look like a genius next season, as the Panthers have the easiest schedule in the history of the franchise. So after they go 10-7 or 11-6, don't hold your breathe thinking I'm going be like... Oh, Frank is the man! Will be hot out of the gate, and this franchise in a season or two later, will have another painfully slow death of high expectations followed by extreme underachievement, and while we're scouting the top 10 players in the draft... again, we'll watch Wilks with his new team in the playoffs from the couch.

9. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Another way to look at it is for Wilks to be sending a thankyou card to Rhule for sucking so bad while he was head coach those years in Charlotte.
    That just opened the opportunity door for Wilks(or anyone else) to come in and have a mediocre season. Then be told he did a great job.
    Then then say Wilks does get retained to continue the feel good story. Then maybe he can get the team up to a 9-7 season. Well hell that could maybe mean playoffs in the South division, maybe not.
    Then again we all know that a 9-7 record could be a perfect deathspin for a team.
    You know, not good enough to get into the playoffs and not bad enough to get a good draft spot. History around the league has shown, according to those that keep up with stats, that hiring interim coaches doesn't pan out.
    I'm willing to see what a few years of some different coaching will do.
    Reich had a winning record at Indy so now I want to see what happens in Charlotte under Reich. I'm expecting something much better than under Rhule.
    I do think that Wilks was that last win away from getting the job, so maybe he needs to send Tom Brady and Mike Evans another kind of card.

You know complaining about shit we don't have control over is just wasting air.
    I mean either follow the team or don't. The choice is up to each of us.

10. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

This trope needs to fucking die.

Bills drafted Allen coming off playoffs at 9-7
    Chiefs drafted mahomes coming off playoffs at 10-6
    Eagles drafted Hurts coming of playoffs at 9-7
    49ers Drafted Lance off 6-10 super bowl hangover year

What you don't want to be is a team that gets just a win or two better and reaches the playoffs from the .500 ish zone and then pay out to keep the players that got you there like Oakland and Tennessee.