1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

frank and buck suck

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by jmc647, Oct 14, 2009.

1. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Funny you should say that. The past several weeks I've had to drive around and listen to Frank and Buck for the first time really and....

They are soooo much better than Mac. Mac is a fucking disgrace and I hate that he's pulling down Celenia but the faster that cancer is gone from the station the better.

Also, my signal in way south Charlotte has gone from bad to shitty. I can't pick it up without massive interference until about exit 4 on I-77 and can't pick it up at all at night.

2. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

WLW 700am comes in great about the time FNZ goes to crap in the evenings. If you like anything about Cincinnati sports teams, it's a good listen, but that's just about all they talk about. It sure does expose Packer's show's unprofessionalism. That's for sure.

3. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Thanks for the tip, I'll give anything a shot in the evenings.

4. udontknowme

udontknowme Full Access Member

Ha, pull down Celenia. He blows just the same, but just not nearly as annoying. Has he ever said one insightful thing (drinking not included)?

Buckner wouldn't be terrible if he had a translater. He just isn't and will never be a fluent enough speaker. He reminds me of Shannon Sharpe but worse. Garcia just flat out stinks.

Give it time, and these guys will be done. There are a lot of decent regional sportstalk shows, but unfortunately not here. Packman has the pipes, but his attitude and schtick, along with his inability to stir any interesting conversation or topic about sports is just amazing. WIP from philly, the score out of Chicago, WFAN in NYC, etc., all wipe their ass and stick the shit stained TP that is WFNZ against the wall.

5. Blue-is-True

Blue-is-True Full Access Member

Nickel/dime station....

...has nickel/dime talent.....buy yourself an XM/Sirius radio for your ride and set yourself free.....best money I have ever spent in my life (other than that little side trip to Panama City)

6. patsfansince85

patsfansince85 Yes, really!

I know we've ripped this show, but I was dial flipping yesterday and heard that Frank was on vacation and Mark Yarbro was filling in with Buck. He mentioned that it was the first time in 17 years of working at the station that he sat "in the big chair"

WFNZ, please dear God, give this man a show. He is 1000 times more knowledageble than anyone else you have and can actually go through a few sentences with out repeating himself and going um every two seconds.

He's not riding daddy's coattails, he wasn't a former player (which can make for good analysts in a game, but rarely a good host), he's just like the rest of us, a hard worker who is knowledgable about sports and wants to talk to others about it.

Thank you Yarbro for being the only decent thing at that station.

7. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

What, you don't like Celania rambling on and on about olympic curling and making up stories about his adventures in 1977 ?
    Now THAT's sports radio. (well, it IS better than Mac).

8. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

i listened to F & B the other day and some guy from fox18 and the loudmouth bobcats arean guy were filling in. It was horrible. fox guy has an annoying voice and big pat is just annoying.aside from that day, frank and buck are torture to listen to. I have no problem with their opinions or whatever , but they can't talk. its really bad. they fuckin murder the english language. botched names, pronounce all kinds of shit wrong.

ex UNC scrub kevin salvadori has been on packmans show. he is fine except that he talks like bill walton. marble mouth speech impediment. "HORRIBLE"

Yarboro was a big part of the Morning Sports page IMO. I have often thought why does WFNZ never have him on more?

9. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

Over half the shit Celania says it a set-up for some stupid sound effect. I fucking hate him. I have no problem with Mac. I feel bad he constantly has to redirect the conversation to something relevant b/c of that fuck Celania.

10. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

If he would un-clinch his teeth when he talked he would be listenable.

The Mac show needs to throw the sound effect machine out onto South Blvd. Anyone that has ever been successful in radio will tell you that if you have to use 'sound effects', it is just a cover up for not having anything to say. As far as Celania goes, he realizes he's working with an idiot. I've been told he really doesn't give a shit about that show and if he got removed from it tomorrow it would be fine by him.