1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Foxy

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Purrsy, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Lol, gotta love that part of Foxy. He might not be the greatest coach on earth, he may have had a lot of issues over here, and ultimately I doubt he ever gets Denver to a place where they can be considered great.

But the man knows how to make a team competitive, and his guys always fight for him. Beating the Jets? Nice.

Meanwhile, our coach laughs all the time during press conferences after losses, is just happy to be here, and we have a team that doesn't show much gumption to compete. We can't put away bad teams, and we can't stop a soul. We've shown no improvement in any area of the team since week one.

I shudder to think of what we'd look like without Cam Newton. I know this won't be a popular post with all the homers on this site that get stung when we're not blindly preaching that we're a great staff and team that has a Superbowl in our future next year, but that's ok.

It is what it is.

2. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

He's a great coach. Watching a team win, no matter how ugly, is awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed that game.

It was ugly 4th quarter comeback with an anemic offense. Classic Fox.

3. John Fox

John Fox GRIT

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

IMHO most of the issues people had with Fox when he was here related to the style of play being boring to watch. I do not mind grind it out football when it is winning games or at least keeping them close.

If Fox were still here I suspect we would limit what we ask Cam to do and that would perhaps slow down his growth. At the same time though the defense would probably be a lot better and that combined with playing things close to the vest would result in more wins and closer margins in our losses. There is no doubt in my mind that Cam is a much better QB right now than Tebow.

5. Purrsy

I'm not going to do the whole Fox remorse thing, but I have no doubt that if he were here, our record would be much better, and our defense would not be as horrible.

Yes, watching last night's game was fun.

No matter. In a few days we get to see Rivera suck Cam's dick again, and watch a sloppy team get its ass handed to them, see Rivera struggling to contain his grin in the post conference after a loss, talk about teaching and next year, say guys a lot, and just be pleased as punch he's a HC in the NFL.

Maybe if we're lucky we can hear McDermott talk about building a defense around scrubs again. Makes sense, since our defense plays like it.

6. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

rivera doesn't act like that in pressers.

7. Purrsy

Well, yes he does. But ok.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Fox was incredibly stubborn and much too slow to make changes in personnel or in-game adjustments.

9. Purrsy

He was all these things, yes.

I can't say I still wanted him around. It was time for him to go, and he went. He's a good coach.

That being said, he's far better than what we have now, IMO.

Yes, there hasn't been much time. But when Fox got here, there was a sense. The team grew tougher fast. We did things the right way, to coin Rivera. Now? We're all commenting on how dumb the team is, and how there only seems to be regression.

10. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I never wanted him to go and never understood by so many did. His system has worked in the past and seems to be working again in Denver. Sure it got ugly last year but I do not think Fox had much control over anything last year. Lame duck years for coaches are always bad news.