1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

FOX SPORTS 730AM is on in the QC !!!!

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by sds70, Sep 21, 2010.

1. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

That's hilarious, I didn't know about that. I'll have to look that up, sounds like awesome radio. Whenever you cause an affiliate to pull the plug live you're doing something interesting lol.

edit: of course I remember faxes, I remember the first show where he started taking emails. Faxers were pissed! Ironic that he just started up the Twitter service, emailers will soon be as obsolete as the faxers became

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. Sleehrat Nation

Sleehrat Nation Full Access Member

Everyone has different tastes, but this is one of the reasons why I'm no fan of Rome. Why trash the station other than to bring more publicity to himself. But then again he's a product, and needs to stay relevent. Just not my thing. Anytime where the host becomes bigger than the topic or guest, then that's when I check out.

3. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

It was over 10 years ago and I think Rome has probably changed a bit in that time. But if remember correctly, the station apparently lied to him about what they were doing and jerked him around and he wasn't very happy about it. Mostly he was just providing an outlet for the atlanta listeners to vent about the show being replaced by some crappy local guy. He only took calls and read faxes/emails from people from Atlanta. He of course egged it on, but it was mostly the audience doing the bashing.

DJ, I got no work done that afternoon and I was calling my friends all over town to tell them to put the show on. I remember being so disappointed when they pulled the plug. And you're right, it was awesome radio.

4. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

Bill Rosinski vs. the Mac Attack isn't even remotely a fair fight.

5. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Mac's show is total crap. He spends more time talking about what he wants to talk about than actually covering the subject. He also spends way too much time reading emails. I guess he just isn't talented enough to come up with his own material. The other thing that annoyed me is how much airtime he gives to the clown named T-Bone and the other idiot (sounds like he has something stuck in his throat). If you're relying on your board op. and the phone screener to contribute to your show, you seriously lack credibility. There's no way McClain can compete with Rosinski and crew at 730AM.

6. DJ_Tet

Yet another thing Howard Stern made look easy, so every moron with a show thinks they can bring 'off-air' talent and turn them into something interesting 'on-air.'

Chris, make yourself interesting 'on-air' first and then worry about getting a phone screener who can contribute.

7. Sleehrat Nation

Sleehrat Nation Full Access Member

No doubt, if you haven't already switched over to 730 for morning sports radio, do it immediately. Good guests, good hosts, great radio talk without all the gimmicky bells and whistles.

It'll be interesting to see the ratings these next few ratings periods. Question is, can this market support two sports radio channels? FNZ numbers were pretty small before, weren't they?

8. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

love the morning show but...

Totally agree. I've found it hard to listen to. They talk over each other and make it more about them than the sports they should be covering. Although I hate to stereotype, I can't listen to Vic "The Brick" Jacobs' Jew voice. This is him. wtf?

[​IMG]

9. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

I just caught the tail end of the morning show today, but I think they announced that they were going to have a local noon time show starting next week.

10. DJ_Tet

figures :(