1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

FOX SPORTS 730AM is on in the QC !!!!

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by sds70, Sep 21, 2010.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Its nice to have Jim Rome back on in the QC :) :) , Im sure App State fans now have an outlet to listen to the hoops/football games . . . Caught a smidgen of their PM show, so I wont grade it yet. Like being able to hear Dan Patrick on during lunch time for a little bit (he does the show from some house in Milford, CT right? That's not too far from where I grew up at :) :) !!!!). I guess they will get their marketing plans up and running in the next few weeks; Hopefully I will see them out at Panthers & Bobcats games in the next several months ..

Its good to have 2 sportstalk stations in the QC finally . . .. Woohoooo :banana: :banana: !!!!!! Im sure the boys at 1620 South Blvd. are hating it now that they actually will have to do some work now :) :) . . . I say FOXSPORTS 730 will beat WFNZ in the ratings book within a year . . .

2. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

you are only a month late with this breaking news :detective:

3. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

The afternoon show with the guy that used to be on mornings on 1150am didn't start until this week.

4. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Thanks for sharing it with us.

SDS, will dedicate a button towards the station once I get in the car. Thanks for the heads up! Fantastic news that Charlotte is back in the Jungle!

5. QC REPRESENT

6. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Gotcha, I didn't realize he was talking about the same station. I read that thread, not sure how I missed the fact that Jim Rome was back in town. I tried to tune in the station tonight and it did come in better than 610 (which is not at all in my area at night.) Hopefully it sounds good in the day, I'll have to check it out.

7. QC REPRESENT

if you are near a computer and have itunes, there are a bunch of free sports stations. you can find Rome on 1140 the NorCal home of the Kings/Raiders

they even have WFNZ ;)

8. sds70

Some basic information on WZGV via Wiki . . . . I missed the Observer blurb on WZGV switching to FOXSPORTS RADIO guys, so I was late on finding this out until this week :) :) . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WZGV

9. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

"In its first week a straw poll of listeners conducted by a independent agency found the format of WZGV to be far superior to that of WFNZ. The listeners cited professionalism and signal strength as reasons for their decision."

:FIAcademyAwardHL:

10. sds70

Now all of the area sports teams will have another outlet to bid for their rights (Bobcats/Panthers/49ers/etc.) . . . With 730am being at 10k watts day time, they should give them an edge over WFNZ . . WFNZ will rule the day they dropped plans to fix their crappy 5k watt stick !!!!!!