1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Fire Sale - Trade Rumors

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by y2b, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Fitterer will panic and give him away for a couple of 3rd rounders or some bullshit.

P.S. - why is Scott Fitterer still employed? He's been horrible.

2. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Why do you say he's been horrible? He's had to do what Rhule wanted, or at the very least has been heavily influenced by Rhule. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt now that he's (hopefully) got a little more control.

PantherPaul likes this.
  3. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

How many Tepper fingers are in that Fitterer pie?

4. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Boy, I hope not too many. But yeah...

5. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

[​IMG]

6. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

The Panthers are 6-18 since he was hired, and are heading into next offseason $20 million over the salary cap. Those are horrible results.

If he was Rhule's puppet, he should be gone anyway. So he should be fired regardless of how you cut it.

Suleiman too, by the way. Even if you buy the horsehit about Rhule pulling all of the personnel strings, Fitterer and Suleiman were still the two morons executing the trades and contracts. There's no sane reason to hold over any of the decision makers.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  7. y2b

y2b King of QC

I'm not mad at Fitterer.

In March 2020 ---
    On the same day the Carolina Panthers gave Cam Newton permission to seek a trade that he says he didn't ask for, the team agreed to give free-agent quarterback Teddy Bridgewater a three-year, $63 million deal, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Bridgewater is guaranteed $40 million in the first two seasons, a league source told ESPN's Dan Graziano.

Fitterer came in Jan 2021.

Then April 2021 ---
    The Panthers added Sam Darnold in a trade with the Jets Monday, acquiring the former No. 3 overall pick in exchange for a late 2021 sixth-rounder and a second and fourth-rounder in 2022.

This was not a bad deal and we were all on board at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20. Only dumb shit I can think of they did was pick up the option on Darnold before he took a snap. Had Darnold turned out to be good, it was a low price compared to what the other QBs are getting now. Curious how much Rhule/Tepper was in on that.

He got Baker without giving up too much also and made Cleveland eat more money in the process. Again, we were all on board. I'm starting to think Rhule's staff ruined these QB's and they can actually still play. PJ is just not a good QB.

I think Fitterer is a deal maker and he can draft. He seems well connected and respected in the league and I'm curious how well he can do without Rhule/Snow vomiting in his ear with their "brand"

Just some of my thoughts.... Feel like we could do much worse at GM right now, I'm not ready to see him leave.

8. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Has Mrs. Rhule also been fired for her personnel choices?

9. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

They shipped her ass to Arizona for some picks

10. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Supposedly CMC trade rumors are "progressing"