1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Files in Descending Order

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by QCCane, Jul 5, 2002.

1. QCCane

QCCane Guest

Not sure what I did, but somehow I've managed to get my files in Explorer sorted in descending order. Even if I re-sort them to ascending, it defaults back to descending when re-opening. Any one have a clue on how to fix this. Thanks.

2. Savio

Savio Guest

which OS are you using?

3. QCCane

QCCane Guest

Windows 98

4. Savio

Savio Guest

have you just tried moving them in the order you want in the start menu....not sure if you can do that in 98 but it always works for me in 2000pro and xp Pro.

5. cltbuilder

cltbuilder Guest

Is this inside a folder? If it is...get them in the order you want them. You can click on the FILE NAME, SIZE, TYPE...etc etc at the top of the window and change them back and forth from decending to ascending. Then, with them in the order that you want them, click on VIEW>FOLDER OPTIONS Click on the VIEW tab and hit the button that says LIKE CURRENT FOLDER. That should keep them the way you have them now. If it doesn't, I'm all out of options.

6. Kakia69

Kakia69 Guest

you probably need to change your name to. We all ready have QCH and a QCC just isn't going to work. Sorry.

7. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

Hello QCC, my name is QCH. You can feel free to keep your name as it is. It don't bother me a bit. You are a hurricane's fan, so you are alright with me.

8. Kakia69

Kakia69 Guest

QCH!!! :chair: what are you trying to do? who made you the fuckin' emperor here? Did i ask for your 2 cents? No, i did not. Why must you always be an ass? Just wanted to be a little precocious and you ruined it!!! Damn!!! :cool:

9. Couz

Couz Guest

I think someone is releasing some pent up anger.

10. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

It may depend on how you last closed Win. Explorer. Do a 'File' --> 'Close' after you get it set like you want. I think the settings will save that way.

Otherwise, you probably have a minor registry problem.