1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

"Evolution is Just Another Religion"

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by Jesus Garcia, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Jesus Garcia

Jesus Garcia Junior Member

When people say that evolution is just another religion, what do they mean by "just"? Are they denigrating religion when they say that?

2. Bastid

Bastid Full Access Member

I simply assume that evolutionists are most often also anti-religion, so it's a jab at them for being anti-religion while at the same time subscribing to their form of religion. It does take more faith to believe in evolution than creation though. No fossil proof of one single species change, only adaptation changes within same species. That and the fact that if we're evolved from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys?

3. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

You think modern humans were blinked into existence "I Dream of Jeannie" style, by an invisible supernatural being, yet evolution, the fossil record require more faith ? Really ?

4. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

it's a means to draw an equivalence between religion and science. the ultimate goal is to discredit reason as being akin to faith. but like you, i see it as somewhat self-defeating. if belief were based on reason, then it wouldn't be special. if a religious person's faith in a creator is the same as my faith in math and science, it would seem that faith is pretty mundane.

5. Jesus Garcia

Jesus Garcia Junior Member

Why are there no fossils of million year old humans? There are lots half-human/half-"monkey" fossils during that timeframe though. There are also elephants with hair, huge bears, giant sloths, cats with foot long fangs, etc. All completely unrelated, different species though, right?

I was born from my parents and they are still around. Chimps have ancestors too, you know. And it sounds like if you go back far enough, we have a common ancestor. Maybe his name was Charlie Halfchimp.

6. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

the convenient answer is this whole "micro-evolution" thing. creationists claim there are no "transitional fossils" and then when you show them one, they claim it's a different species and there are no transitional fossils between it and whatever else you're looking for. it's like zeno's paradox with evolution.

if you ever happen to read the answers in gensis web stuff, they lay things out pretty clearly in terms of their orientation. they state first and foremost that the bible is the unerring word of god and therefore any explanation for the natural world must satisfy this "fact". from there, it's contortion city. note that they don't start with observation and find that it proves the bible is true. they start with the bible is true and then they color their observation accordingly.

7. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

terrible assumption, they are not 'most often', nor do they believe in evolution because they are anti religion or agnostic/athiestic

fossils cannot prove species 'changing'

'fossils' account for only 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of anything that has ever existed.

humans didn't evolve from the monkeys still on the planet.

8. srirama123

srirama123 Junior Member

Hii
    Evolutionists often claim that the theory of evolution has nothing to do with the origin of life. They argue that evolution only deals with issues of the changes in organisms over time. They contend that life has progressed through purely naturalistic means, without any supernatural intervention.

9. srirama123

srirama123 Junior Member

Hii
    I have one question for you is
    Who is best inspirational Speaker in Mumbai?

10. srirama123

srirama123 Junior Member

Hii
    The noted American evolutionist and popular science writer Stephen Jay Gould argues strenuously that science and religion occupy different domains and speak to different issues.