1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Even Roy knows he sucks

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by slydevl, Feb 7, 2008.

1. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

"They got any shot they wanted. I don't know very many times tonight our defense dictated what shot they got. They had better spacing; they were more patient. I asked, and they thought I was kidding--it shows how poor of a coach I am, at one time out I told them I wanted a dunk or a 35 second shot clock violation. We didn't get either one of them."

When will you douchebags admit it?

Hey Roy.....maybe you should draw up a play to help your players out?

2. Trace

Trace Full Access Member

They played to their strengths. UNC will change their game plan next time around. They took the big man out of the game. Duke definitely brought the A game. Let's see what Duke does at home.

3. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

Please stick to the topic. Roy sucks.

4. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I can't believe it took 10 minutes for Hansbrough to score at the start of the second half. Roy should have told TH that he got the ball until he passed out from exaustion and threatened to make anyone else who took a shot before getting the ball inside with loss of their scholarship.

5. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

how 'bout during that timeout where he implored his charges to "run something." that takes talent

6. Johnny Rebel

Johnny Rebel BBBD

Hansbrough should of had 50. I could handle the ball better than Quentin Thomas.

7. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Exactly. Around the 12 min mark of the second half I kept asking my UNC friend why Hansbrough hasn't touched the ball yet.

Very poor offensive execution considering he was destroying dook inside. Completely unguardable, good thing dook didn't have to worry about guarding him most of the second half.

8. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Well we were talking about QT, Ginyard combo trying to get the ball to Tyler, just isn't going to happen enough. And whoever said it, TH should have had 50 on dook easy. So Roy or whoever is to blame for that.

9. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

When I read it, in my head it's 'Wahh'.

10. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

To blame Roy Williams is completely erroneus. Sly, I know you hate UNC, but you're being a complete retard.

UNC, as in the players, need to blame themselves. Wayne Ellington only had 8 points, which is completely uncharacteristic of what he normally can score. Duke led on the steals margin (11-3), UNC committed 5 more turnovers, Duke shot a better FG percentage (45.5% to 40.6%). Granted, the steals and turnover margins would have been equalized or bettered by UNC had Ty Lawson been healthy - and his scoring abilities would have been the difference.

Also, to give up 13 three-pointers is just ridiculous. Seems the coaching staff need to return to The Pit, remove the goals, and work on defense again. They looked clueless at times.

Duke may have won the battle, but the war is far from being over.