1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ESPN730 vs. WFNZ Ratings Report (Spring 2012)

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by sds70, Jul 21, 2012.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

18. WFNZ-AM (Sports 610) -- 1%
    21. WZGV-AM ("ESPN" 730) -- 0.2%

Media Scene: 'Kat' surges to lead in country radio war

Hmmmmmm, it looks like Bill Rosinski & Co. have a lot more work to do to catch up with WFNZ . .. . . Will they try to get some new faces to boost their lineup? I like Rosinski, but Im not sure if he's been able to make any headway against Zarzour/James on WFNZ's THE DRIVE . . . .

2. Test123

Test123 Full Access Member

These ratings mean almost nothing to either of these stations. These are the 12+ everybody with a meter ratings. No station sells off these numbers. They are only interested in the specific demographics the station is programing for. In these station's case 25-54 Men.

Because the demo breakdowns are rarely published we really don't know how well they are doing.

I would be shocked if WZGV subscribes to the ratings anyway. They would have a very hard time recouping that expense. If a station does not subscribe they could get in deep trouble if they went to a client and said here are our ratings.

btw...WZGV's only local show moved from afternoon drive to Noon to 2PM some time ago so Rosinski (when he is on) is not competing with Zarzour/James.

It will be interesting to see what happens when WBCN (1660) flips back to all sports when they become Charlotte's CBS Sports Network station. That is expected to start 1st of next year.

t123

3. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

What are all three of these stations signal strength? I can't get WFNZ pretty much anytime down here in just below the border but can 730 which is almost all ESPN and just fine with me. FNZ's on air talent is fucking horrible IMO

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Yep. McClain just doesn't get it. His silliness and cackling laff is so annoying I have pretty much quit listening to him. Also, who the hell thinks it's a good idea to give air time to a phone screener and the board op? Stupid.

Brett Jensen is unlistenable. He repeats himself incessantly, and if you played a drinking game everytime he says, "y'know", you'd be passed out after an hour.

It is impossible to listen to Frank Garcia and Mark Yarbrough yell into their microphones for more than a few minutes, even though I think Yarbrough brings some good insight to the show. I wish they would carry David Glenn's show in that time slot if they want to have sports talk of a local flavor.

Taylor Zarzour is fine for the afternoon drive slot. If they got rid of Mark Benarzyk and restructured accordingly, Zarzour could have a good show. That mess in the last 15-20 minutes of the show is pure shit. Who the hell do they think wants to listen to that?

5. Test123

Test123 Full Access Member

WFNZ is 5000 Watts Day 1000 Watts Night. He is directional both day and night with roughly the same pattern. He puts most of his signal out toward the East.

WBCN like most expanded band stations is 10000 Watts Day 1000 Watts Night non-directional.

WZGV is 10000 Watts Day 190 Watts at night non-directional. His transmitter is co-located with WCGC in Belmont. He has a construction permit to move his night time transmitter to the #3 tower of WYFG (930AM). He will have to decrease his night time power to 178 Watts but it would move him closer to Charlotte.

t123

6. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Now they are giving that segment to the interns. Monumentally stupid.

7. sds70

Zarzour & james are fine with me . . . . I would love to see David Glenn on live from Noon-3pm here on WFNZ . . . . Put Garica & Jensen together from 10am-Noon . .. . .

8. sds70

If WZGV wants to be a true player against WFNZ, dont they have to subscribe to the ratings service? They have to convince sponsors that they have folks listening to the station, right?

Rosinski is on from Noon-2pm now? I only get to catch the show here and there now due to my lunch schedule . . . . I think 'TC' (from the old WFNZ Morning Sports Page) is part of the show now . . . .

9. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

"The Drive" has been great to listen to since Marc has been on vacation. I say give him the solo gig from 10-Noon. He clearly would prefer to be a solo host.

10. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

He might be the only one that would prefer it.