1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ESPN730 vs. FOX610: The New Tale of the Tape

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by sds70, Aug 2, 2011.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Starting Monday, the QC's Sportstalk stations (WFNZ/610 & WZGV/730) swap affiliations (ESPN, FOX). Which station will listeners eventually flock to get their sportstalk radio fix from? Hmmmmmmmm . . . .

AM Drive Time (6a-10a):
    ESPN730-Mike & Mike in the Morning
    FOX610-The Mac Attack
    Breakdown: I don't know why I've never gotten into Mike & Mike; Is it because they never/hardly ever take phone calls? Both guys play it safe with their comments? Mac Attack we all know what they have to offer

Post AM Drive Time:
    ESPN730-Colin Cowherd (10a-1p)
    FOX610-Brett Jensen (10a-Noon) & Frank & Moose (Noon-3p)
    Breakdown: With Panthers/NFL season kicking in now, I'll probably listen to a little more Frank & Moose during the lunch break. In Brett's short time as a full time host, his show is fine. However, Colin Cowherd IMHO has both of them beat

Lunch Time:
    ESPN730-Scott Van Pelt (1p-4p)
    FOX610-Frank & Moose (Noon-3p) & The Drive (3p-7p)
    Breakdown: I've never really listened to Scott Van Pelt on the radio, so I will give him a shot first and then grade this battle . . . .

PM Drive Time:
    ESPN730-The Bottom Line (4p-6p) & Mike Pacheco Show (6p-7p)
    FOX610-The Drive (3p-7p)
    Breakdown: If I read correctly, Bill Rosinski will anchor the show on M-T-W, then Lenny Ford on T and then Guests Hosts on Friday (Will Solarte be part of the mix ? ? ? ).

Analysis: Again DJ Stout (FOX610) thinks all local from 6a-10pm is the way to go; I think that works in markets like LA, NY, Bay Area, Chicago where you have all pro/college sports going on at some point during the year (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB & your area college teams); In these markets, you don't really need network programming. Here in the QC, its NBA/NFL/ACC/NASCAR; Do we really need 16 hours of non stop Panthers training camp coverage? I like a mix of sports shows (local & national). I wish FOX610 would pick up Dan Patrick (at least) and maybe bump Brett Jensen to THE DRIVE, FRANK & MOOSE, or THE MAC ATTACK as a 3rd host. I'm sure ESPN730 will get an uptick in ratings from carrying NFL/NBA/MLB Playoffs . . Will listeners tune to FOX610 on nights & weekends (JT The Brick, Tony Bruno, Weekend Shows) ? ? ? I'll guess well find out at the end of the year when the Fall Ratings Book comes out.

2. boone

boone Junior Member

AM Drive Time (6a-10a):
    ESPN730-Mike & Mike in the Morning
    FOX610-The Mac Attack
    Breakdown: I don't know why I've never gotten into Mike & Mike; Is it because they never/hardly ever take phone calls? Both guys play it safe with their comments? Mac Attack we all know what they have to offer

The fact that they never/ hardly ever take phone calls automatically makes them eminently more listenable to anything on FNZ due to that fact alone. Caller driven radio simply couldn't be more moronic. It invites the same unemployed shut-ins to call day after day and say the same things about the same subjects.

3. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Exactly. This week has been 95% bashing the Panthers and why Cam Newton sucks, from morning to night. Apparently there are no other sports going on. If you call them out on it they will say, "it's what everybody is calling about". "Everybody" is the same 10 or 12 people calling every show. Pitiful and lazy sports talk radio.

Thank goodness for David Glenn on 730am...

4. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

Now you've done it.
    Tomorrow we're going to get :

Celania and Mac show : If you could draft anyone from "the Andy Griffith show" or "Good Times", what position would they play on the Panthers and why ?

Frank Garcia show : "Have I recently told you I was a player in the league ? Let me remind you AGAIN. For the next 3 hours."

Douche show in the afternoons : No idea. Radio long since turned off.